“Won't stay here again”

Reviewed April 11, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was visiting the National Parks and stopped at an out of town hotel to save money. This hotel cost $96, taxes included. It is a one story hotel and has a very lovely layout. Each room has a long sliding glass door, which is very nice. The breakfast was very good. All the staff were professional and very kind. The carpeting is very clean, which is important for someone like myself who suffers from allergies.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice location, close to freeways, and 20 min from downtown, ten from new hockey and NFL , and Mall, lots of places to eat within 5 min or less,

stayed a week clean , Quiet, what more do you want for 100 USD per night

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I don't think I have ever stayed here and went to go get breakfast and nothing was there but cold cereal and oatmeal. What....this place has gone down hill so bad. I don't want to ever come back. Only reason I do is the restaurant and bar is great and very friendly...

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Upon our arrival on March 19th at 2:00 p.m. the day shift young lady told us none of the rooms would be ready until 4:00. She refused to check to see if our room was ready and told us to come back at 4:00. We came back at 3:00 and there was another clerk on duty and she checked us in in and our room was ready. Our room was alright except the drain in the shower allowed the water to back up and we would be standing in water. On the day we left we had no hot water and they didn't know how long it would be off. We have stayed there before and had a very enjoyable stay..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived there was a sign@the front desk stating they would be right back. I got a chance to check out the lobby. It was nice & smelled good. I also got to check out other guests reservations since it was in plain view, facing me. His CC w/exp date & full address!! WOW! It was so close I could have taken a picture with my phone. The front desk girl finally came in & checked me in w/o a smile.
The room was nice w/windows facing the courtyard.The kids got their swimsuits on & we headed towards the unheated pool. When I reserved the room I didn't realize there wasn't a jacuzzi. So I sat in my pool chair & started reading the reviews(too late-I know). There where many complaints about cars being vandalized. Being the wife of an Auto Theft Detective, the signs started to pop out.The hotel was a target for crime. Most of the surrounding lots were empty so in the middle of the night, the parking lot was quiet & dark. The only view to your car from your room was a peephole. Once you were in your room you couldn't hear a thing. The crack heads roaming on their bikes was not a good sign along w/the pawn shop 200' away.
We checked out the next morning. Breakfast was good, car was ok. The facility was going through some construction in the walkways. They should also invest in a fence surrounding their property, more lighting & a night security guard.
Now I just need to keep a close eye on my CC activity to make sure my info wasn't exposed like the other guests.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn? Share your experiences!