“Unsafe”

Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived there was a sign@the front desk stating they would be right back. I got a chance to check out the lobby. It was nice & smelled good. I also got to check out other guests reservations since it was in plain view, facing me. His CC w/exp date & full address!! WOW! It was so close I could have taken a picture with my phone. The front desk girl finally came in & checked me in w/o a smile.
The room was nice w/windows facing the courtyard.The kids got their swimsuits on & we headed towards the unheated pool. When I reserved the room I didn't realize there wasn't a jacuzzi. So I sat in my pool chair & started reading the reviews(too late-I know). There where many complaints about cars being vandalized. Being the wife of an Auto Theft Detective, the signs started to pop out.The hotel was a target for crime. Most of the surrounding lots were empty so in the middle of the night, the parking lot was quiet & dark. The only view to your car from your room was a peephole. Once you were in your room you couldn't hear a thing. The crack heads roaming on their bikes was not a good sign along w/the pawn shop 200' away.
We checked out the next morning. Breakfast was good, car was ok. The facility was going through some construction in the walkways. They should also invest in a fence surrounding their property, more lighting & a night security guard.
Now I just need to keep a close eye on my CC activity to make sure my info wasn't exposed like the other guests.

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have family in Buckeye and refused to stay at the Days Inn there because we have not had any good experiences there at all. So we decided to go online and find something further out. As a child my family used to stay in Best Westerns all the time, so I chose you folks. Couldn't believe how nice everything was. We expected clean, but this went beyond that. The lobby was gorgeous. Next time we go to Buckeye, we will be staying with you again.

Room Tip: We had a handicap accessible room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from March 7 -10, 2013. When we arrived the lady at the front desk stated the pool was heated and our room was ready. When we got to our room, wife checked the bedding and only find that housekeeping and made the bed but didn't put clean bedding on the bed. The bedding had fresh human stains on the bedding.

We then went to check on the pool and it was ice cold, I asked a staff person if the pool heater was turned off and he stated the heater had not been working for months.

The next mornig we went for breakfast and there were no forks when I asked the lady in chage her answer was you can use a spoon or your finger. The lady in the next booth informed us not the drink the milk because it was passed the expiry date and again the lady in charge said "well then don't drink the milk". There food on the tables and on the floor from days before. The place is a pig sty.

The customer sewrvice was very poor. The only good things about the hotel was it close to the ballpark and to the freeway.

We have stayed in many Best Western Hotels and without question this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank firefighter7732
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Best Western was surprisingly better than most we have stayed at. Very clean rooms, great bed, better than average BW breakfast and great location to the ball park. Would definitely stay again when coming down for the games. Plenty of easy places to eat close to the hotel. Nothing fancy, but well worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Reserved this hotel on the BW website the night before arrival and received confirmation but when we arrived they had no record of our reservation and told us that we should not have been able to book online due to it being a Nascar weekend. They did have a room available but told us that they would have to charge us a higher rate. I called the BW 800 number and the agent tried to call the hotel but couldn't get through but assured me there would be a follow up which never happened. On checkout, the higher rate was invoiced so I again mentioned that our reservation was at a discounted price and the receptionist agreed to give us the reservation price. I called today to ask why the credit had not been applied to my credit card and was told they would have to check with the night auditor. Not feeling like a valued customer right now. Disappointed with BW.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
A Best Western traveler
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Usa
Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel 2 months prior to our stay, I reserved a room with 2 queen beds as there were 4 of us staying, we get to the hotel after having driven 24 hours from Canada to find out that they had given us a room with 1 King bed!! We were told that they were completely sold out and that there were no rooms with queen beds left but that they could roll in a cot......obviously unless we were going to sleep stacked on top of each other this would not work, we had to go and find another hotel. The hotel is very nice but the service is not, we will not stay here again, which is unfortunate because we really like the Best Western hotels. Extremely disappointed!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn? Share your experiences!