“Well Deserved "A"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Los Angeles, California
“Well Deserved "A"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My family has stayed here several times in 2011, July, August & October. We loved it, especially for the price, except we've always gone through a third party, the hotel prices are too high. Its great, the kids enjoyed themselves too. No complaints other than the area doesn't look too safe, but luckily nothing bad has ever happened & the walls are a little too thin. You could hear the neighbors t.v. if yours isn't on. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and smelled like fresh linens and the beds were extra comfy. All of the staff was nice and on our last stay,we checked in later in the evening and they gave us a free upgrade to one of the suites which was great for the kids because of the two t.v.'s. The kids were able to plug in their wii also. The pool has always been clean, I kinda didn't like the fact that the restaurants outside seating is directly overlooking the pool area. However the times we were at the pool, there weren't many customers seated outside. Of course the free breaksfast is always a plus. It's good and it's always fully stocked until 9:30 a.m. Going back for sure!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lynn Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at this Best Western for several nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We rested very well in the room. The beds were comfortable and breakfast was awesome- everything from eggs to make your own waffles! We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Beach_For_Me29
San Jacinto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed at this Best Western many times and over the past year they quality has declined drastically, enough so that I will not stay there again.

It appears they have many "long term" guests, aka homeless people staying there. Their pet policy is liberal and the rooms either smell of disinfectant or dogs. The last two times I stayed there I had to call the front desk several times because of barking dogs in adjoining rooms barking or fiting in the middle of the night. One neighbor had seven dogs in her room. Many of these guests dont clean up after their pets either.

The breakfast is horrible.

I'm done with this Best Western.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ron M
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Not enough room at relatives' houses at Christmas time, so we've stayed here two years in a row while visiting family in the Goodyear/Avondale area. We like the free breakfast, with 2 hot items like breakfast burritos, English muffin sandwiches and make-your-own waffles, so we can have breakfast before heading out for the day.

The first year - 2009 - no problems.
The second stay - 2010 - had a couple of snafus. 1. Our room was not cleaned the first day or the 2nd day. When we inquired as to why we were told we didn't fill out the request card at check-in which is required during the Christmas holiday week becuase they run with less house-keeping staff than normal so their employees can have time off. That's fine but we were not told at check-in (and never ran into this on prior stay). We also needed extra towels and when called the front desk were told we'd have to come get them ourselves because of the short-staffed ceaning crew that week. There was also a problem with the computer at check-out which didn't allow me to use my Best Western gift card. Yes, I forgot to give the card to her at first, but she claimed they were unable to re-do the transaction...something about the system not allowing them to due to computer problems from a power outage over night. Still seems odd that she couldn't cancel the first one and start over.

I'm giving an overall good review because we had no problems the first time and I've stayed at Best Western's in other cities and had overall good experience. Just chalking 2010 up to a one-time problem. We'll find out next time we stay as this is the best value for the money close to my relatives. Rooms are comfortable with all the usual Best Western level amenities - microwave/fridge, bath/shower items, nice tv. Bed were comfortable and we slept well in our room with 1 king bed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SusieBelle65
Chino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Be VERY careful not to leave ANYTHING in your vehicle here! My son & I stopped here for a nite on our way back to So. Cal. from Tombstone, etc. for a week. I only brought in 1 of our bags into the room since only staying the 1 nite. In the morning we walked over to the restaurant for quick breakfast (yukky by the way). There was a guy standing in front of a room near ours smoking a cigarette. I just ASSUMED he was a hotel guest taking a smoke break. BOY WAS I WRONG! When we walked back to our room after eating (only 10 minutes later) I found out my SUV was broken into. I even had it backed in to the parking space right in front of our room thinking it would be more secure that way. Unfortunately my 12 yr old son was the main victim of the theft because we had left one of his bags in the car & it was on top of the other bags & was easiest item the thief could grab & take. Even had some of his Boy Scout items inside along w/clothes, i-tunes card, souveniers. According the the Phoenix police, they have REPEATEDLY requested the owners of the hotel to install security cameras in the lot due to SEVERAL thefts that have occured there. However the owner has not adhered to their requests. A "resident" guest who lives @ the hotel also told us this happens continually there. The hotel did however take a few bucks off of my tab for my "inconvenience". Gee thanks. Looked like a nice area, but gang bangers are nearby. Other than that, it was a decent hotel, but ended up costing me a ton of personal grief, stress & money from this incident.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chinojeano
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We stayed a week to watch Spring Training and loved it. The room was not fancy but was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is is certainly not fancy and probably overpriced at $120 per night. The staff however, was very friendly and helpful and location was great for us.
The complimentary breakfast was simple but had hot food and tasted good. The Hoot n Howl Pub was a lot of fun and the food was good. Linda and the staff made a point of getting to know everyone and making us comfortable.
If you are expecting the Four Seasons this is not it. But if you want a clean hotel with a friendly staff, I recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

This hotel has everything you need. Professional, friendly staff, a working and new-equipment fitness center, breakfast with yummy eggs & bagel combinations, a beautiful pool, comfy beds, nice heat in the winter and a good location to the freeway.

I had no complaints about the hotel at all. I did notice that I could hear people in the next room talking through the walls, so they are thin, if you are noise-sensitive. But they were quiet. As someone mentioned, there had been smoking previously in my room. But again, not a problem for me specifically.

It is in a residential neighborhood so it is quiet - until the dogs might bark - but it creates a safe, homey feeling.

A big thumbs up for this place. I will stay here again when i come to visit my folks in their trailer park...

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to BEST WESTERN Phoenix Goodyear Inn? Share your experiences!