“Richard”

Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Room needed better lighting & batnroom sink wouldn't drain. Pillows could be fluffyer. Had to hold toilet handle for it to flesh.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rate seemed a bit high for the location. Just saying I was surprised. Although it was a great location. And it would be nice to have a few more things that people that can not eat gluten could have.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our room had problems and management didn't even care. The breakfast was very lacking, not what you would get from the newer Super 8's / Wyndham hotels. The other hotel in the same parking lot is a lot better per our friend's that stayed there at the exact time since we both in town for the same event.

I will never recommend this Super 8 to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank N2diecast
GuestRelationsSuper8, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

On behalf of the Super 8 Hotel I would like to apologize for the service you received while staying with us. We pride ourselves in delivering courteous and prompt customer service. We have taken measures to make sure this type of issue never happens again. I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

STAY AWAY; one of the worst experiences I ever had; first, it was difficult to find because it's in back of a Waffle House; 2nd, when I came in and mentioned to the woman at the front desk that the lighting outside wasn't very safe, she said it was safe because she said so. Now there's a conclusion and perspective. I needed to stay at a place quickly because my mom had had a stroke and I needed to be near her.

The "sink" was 1/2" wide on both sides; now if you are a traveler, you have stuff with you and putting it on a sink is necessary; not here; there was no room.

TV: I couldn't find a guide: then I found it before I left; it was on the back of some thing which I can't remember; and you couldn't toggle back and forth on the listing; it was either the channel you were watching or you could go to a list; and the list was inaccurate; there were some channels on there they didn't have.

I didn't go to "breakfast": I am finding more and more that these places have breakfasts that are nothing but carbohydrates and very little fruit;

NEVER AGAIN WILL I stay at a Super 8; I usually stay at a Days Inn in Surprise which is far superior and less expensive; $20/day less expensive.

Room Tip: To not go; choose another place.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 90,042
Reviewed March 23, 2012

On our recent trip to the Phoenix area, we needed a room last minute in or near Goodyear, AZ. After calling around to several locations, I found that the Super 8 was the best price and booked their last available room, a king non-smoking. I was helped by their employee Lacey and she was professional and courteous all three times I spoke with her by phone. The motel is basic, two stories, with parking along the front. There is a Waffle House right in front of the hotel, a McDonald's also right there, plus a Black Bear Diner. Our room was upstairs and at the end of the hall. We did take out from the Black Bear Diner (and it was really good too) and turned in fairly early. I didn't hear any noise from either the other guests or street/car noise. While this motel is not fancy, it was clean, in a convenient location, and has nice staff.

Room Tip: I think we were in room 201, upstairs. Non-smoking room, very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear

Been to Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area? Share your experiences!