“"Simply Superb in Every Way"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caballero - CLOSED

Caballero
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Fabulous new restaurant. Excellent customer service. Great ambiance. Delicious, well prepared and nicely presented food. Great happy hour.
Phoenix, Arizona
“"Simply Superb in Every Way"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I received a "gift certificate" for our anniversary for Cabellero Grill in Litchfield Park. We had never heard of this restaurant before then. We effortlessly made reservations for our dinner. We discovered that we had been to this building before but when it was a different restaurant. That visit was a nightmare. We were so glad to see it remodeled and there was a very pleasant odor coming from the kitchen. From the minute we were greeted at the by the hostess until we left we felt special and very well taken care of. We actually had two waiters making sure we were being taken care of, that made us sit up and take notice. Now to the food. We have to say that they had the best calimari we have ever eaten. It was so fresh and that just left us with anticipation of the coming meal. My husband ordered the New York Strip Steak with the garlic mashed potatoes. "Superb!!!", is all he could say. It was cooked to perfection and the sides were delicious. I ordered the Pork Green Chile. Now, I simply love green chile pork and this dish was "WOW" in my book. Just a tiny bit on the salty side for me, but I overlooked that because it was so very good. I had also the black beans and rice. I am not a fan of black beans but in this instance, it was so delicious. They serve a lot of food so I had enough to take home and let me tell you, I looked forward to my lunch the next day. I told everyone in my office and they just had to taste it. Everyone said the same thing, "it is the best green chile pork I have ever had." I agree. We will be back, you can count on it, and we will be bringing a whole bunch of our friends with us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent First Time Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just ate at Caballero Grill for the first time last week and it was excellent. Our server was delightful and we enjoyed everything she recommended. We especially liked the ceviche. We'll be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We heard about this place. It is NOT a Mexican restaurant. Kind of like more of a steak house. We had a food voucher for a price fix dinner. The restaurant is pleasant, the wait staff were very good (Luis), but the dinners were so-so. It was very crowded the night we visited them, so we may be in the minority in this review. Try the Beer battered fries. Pretty darn good. The steaks were so-so, and mine was not cooked the way I would have liked it. The waiter offered to take it back, but I declined. They have a good Wedge salad, and the menu is somewhat limited, but there are choices.

• Visited February 2013
Avondale, Arizona
“Meh, and I really wanted to like it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My sister and I had lunch at this restaurant recently. We sat in a room with 6 booths. Very comfortable. I was so excited that maybe we found a good local restaurant. Small menu but that's ok. Ordered the fish and chips. The "chips" or steak frys were cooked perfectly. The fish looked humongous. It's cooked in a beer batter that tastes great but there's just too much of it and not much fish. I ended up trying to pick the fish out but the fish didn't hold up and turned mushy. Since we were still hungry we ordered coffee and dessert. Ordered the chocolate cake. The cake came beautifully presented on a plate with a couple of scoops of ice cream. Problem was is was still hard and cold like it had been frozen, it was very tasty though and I felt had it been fresh it would've been great. We had to wait so that a pot of decaf could be made so I received my coffee first, which the server had spilled and brought to me with coffee in the saucer. Then we waited 10 minutes and the cake came and another ten before my sister received her decaf. I had to ask the waitress for some napkins to sop up the coffee in my saucer. The server was really sweet and young but not trained properly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sixbucks805
Concord, New Hampshire
“good bar menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

we came here early on a Sunday evening, out of state travelers staying at nearby hotel. Our waitress was courteous and friendly, gave good advice on choices. Another person delivered our appetizers, but didn't bring silverware. We asked her to get some, she breezily told us that our server would bring it. Our server was taking care of other diners, so we went to the station to get it ourselves. Good strong margarita for $2.50, $6 burgers, and $6 cheese quesadilla all tasty. It was handy and filling and reasonable, but no more. Menu looked interesting but not sure I would try it for more than quick bite and drink.

Visited February 2013