Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was our first time in Arizona. We were in town for the Arizona Jazz Festival @ the Wigwam Resort. The hotel and our room was clean. It was right at the I-10 expressway. It is close to any store or restaurant you can think of.
Our room was equipped with fridge/microwave. The bed was comfortable. We stayed in room 415 and the only complaint I have is that the air conditioner was behind a door and when the blower came on you had to turn up the television to hear. I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons, but I do expect my room to be clean, maintained and free from any 4 legged visitors and it was. My husband and I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer k

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice HIE . Very clean with a restaurant and bar in the lobby. Nice staff with large clean rooms but a bit pricey compared with other HIE properties.
Great location to the interstate and Spring Training facilities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Cincinnati Reds Spring training baseball in Goodyear. Check in was smooth with the desk clerk being very proffesional and friendly. Checked into my suite which was very nice and very clean. Stay went real well. Swam in the pool one day which was also very clean. The fitness center is better than average with weight machines as well as treadmills. did not eat in the restaurant but there are decent places within a 10 minute drive. Also highly recommed taking the tour of the University of Phoenix Stadium in nearby Glendale. The tour lasts about 11/2 hours and is only $9.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with the family. Very clean, very convenient to the highway. The staff was great but let me tell you this, the breakfast was awesome! Its not a buffet like most, its a sit down, order type thing. We had about 15 of us in the family there and everyone had nothing but good things to say about the food, it was dang cheap as well.
Hotel is very clean and modern.
My only complaint is the bargain basement tissue and TP, might as well supply sand paper here. This really needs to be addressed as I had a runny nose and this tissue tore my nose up!

We will be back here for sure.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter which one you choose.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice clean hotel just off of I-10. Easy to get to and to get back onthe road. Very comfortable room with plenty of space. Very pleasant check-in and check-out exprince. Dissappointed that with the high cost of the room the breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our stay was nice. The room was clean. We appreciated the use of the business center to print something. Unfortunately the wireless wifi that is supposed to be available in every room was not a strong enough signal in our room to use. We had to use our cellular service with our phone. We also had booked a room with breakfast but it was not in their computer so we were forced to prove to them that we had in fact purchased it along with paying in advance to get a lower rate with no refund if we canceled. I know this is done with many hotels but I don't like it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I apologize your stay was not to your satisfaction. We understand the importance and ease of having access to WIFI Internet, unfortunately there are times where the signal strength can vary. We offer free Wired Internet in all of our guestrooms as an alternate solution. We understand you have many hotel choices and would love another opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 623-536-4628 and I'll ensure your future accommodations are to your satisfaction.

Jessica Sauceda

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I am a priority club member and my husband and I made reservations in early November. A mistake was made on our part and we meant to put our check out for Jan 1 but instead made it for the 2. We didn't realize it until we checked in today. They refused a refund and were rude about the matter. I understand rules and things being nonrefundable, but I'm a priority member and this was an honest mistake. Thank you for your complete lack of understanding and willingness to help a loyal customer. Never will I stay at this or any other Holiday Inn. Exceptionally rude employees and the customer service sucks. Not to mention the room wasn't that clean and the bathroom had hair on the floor. Way to go Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to notify us about your recent stay. I want to apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. After reviewing the issues you encountered I would like to review your reservation and see how we can rectify your billing issue. If you can email me your confirmation number or the last name on the reservation, I will assure you the outcome will be to your satisfaction. Also know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis so your comments and issues will be addressed with any staff involved.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you, whether here or at another Holiday Inn hotel. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope you will contact me with your reservation details.

Jessica Sauceda
jessica.sauceda@copperhospitality.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Residence Inn Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area? Share your experiences!