“Big disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
NY, NY
“Big disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I usually have very good experiences at marriotts, but my experience here was terrible. The original room I received was too noisy. The girl at the front desk carrie told me she was tone deaf and unaware a problem existed. I waited 45 minutes for her to locate a different room, and after switching properties I was informed that hotel was only 30 percent occupied at the time. The customer service here is shameful - the slowest and rudest I have ever encountered after more than 100 stays at marriott properties.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NYCandworld
Ian G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
NYCandworld, I apologize for the service you experienced while staying with us at the TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear. We take guest satisfaction very seriously; your stay’s lack of satisfaction is unacceptable. We have included your review in our training regimen so that this situation will not happen to another guest. The hotel takes great pride in the taking great care of its guests and we strive to make every stay a world-class encounter. If you are ever in the area again, please try our hotel again. We will not disappoint you.
Thank you very much for your review, we take them very seriously and use them to grow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

If you have a need to be on the west side of Phoenix, this hotel is a great choice. It was comfortable and clean.

I will stay here the next time I need to be in Goodyear.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank davechri
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

In town for a couple of days on business and tried TownePlace Suites for the first time. Will absolutely be back. Nice people at check-in, room and entire facility was very clean and comfortable.
Room was well-appointed, and I was able to spread out comfortably in the living room to get some work done at the end of the day. Separate bedroom was on the small side but not not a problem. King-sized bed was very comfortable. The kitchen has full-sized refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
Basic continental breakfast available; nothing spectacular but the staff was very attentive & friendly and kept things stocked.
The Fitness Center has a couple of treadmills, an elliptical, and free weights ... machines have cable tv, which is nice.
Good location and convenient to the highway and Goodyear facilities.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SuesHusband
phoenix,arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Loved, loved, loved this place. I wish I could get I a place like this everywhere I traveled. The upgraded appliances were a nicely added touch. The look of the room felt contemporary yet comforting. It was very roomy and clean! With children you definitley appreciate the added space. We got to use the pool and the jacuzzi was amazing, very hot. There are BBQ's right next to the pool. We took advantage of the breakfast. It included bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, juice, yogurt, cereal and a few other things I can't remember. We had to grab our food and run. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

The hotel was spotless and convenient to I-10 and restaurants. It was also easy to access many of the spring training facilities, which was my main focus this visit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very large, the fitness facilities were adequate for most people's needs, but the pool was a little small. I plan to return next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

The Goodyear TownePlace Suites is a great place to stay for Cleveland or Cincinnati Spring Training baseball fans since the Goodyear Ballpark where both teams play their spring 'home' games is a quick 10 minute car ride away. Unfortunately, the rates climb high for the month of March during the spring season.

Every room features a highly functional kitchen with full size refrigerator, two-burner stovetop, microwave, and toaster along with a good supply of plates, cups, cookware, and utensils. While a bit crammed into the room, the kitchen set-up makes long-term stays at this hotel a lot more comfortable than in a typical room.

On this trip, I had a standard king room which included a small pull-out couch, desk chair, and desk/table on wheels which made the relatively small room size a bit easier to navigate. I've previously stayed in a one-bedroom suite and was surprised that despite having an extra door closing off the bedroom, the suite didn't feel much bigger than a standard room. On this visit, room to room noise was an unexpected annoyance, but it wasn't so loud as to be completely disruptive. Given the newness of the hotel, I expected better soundproofing.

The hotel staff was friendly, recognized me as a return guest, and was helpful when I needed some local directions. The hotel was full of ballplayers, but I barely noticed except for when my checkout day aligned with theirs.

A decent daily breakfast bar is available for three hours every morning and the property also includes an outdoor patio with a built-in grill in addition to a small pool. Parking is plentiful and free. There is some fast food in close walking distance and more choices within a few minutes' drive. A Cancer Centers of America hospital is nearby across the street from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the stairs; elevators are slow
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

We recently stayed at this TownePlace location and were well-pleased. The property is only a year old. The beds were very comfortable and the amount of storage was unbelievable. We had a studio and their was only one desk chair so we asked for another. This was the only seating available so we definately needed two . The bathroom was rather small, but the room was spacious. We didn't like the AC as it was very hard to regulate. Breakfast was adequate. We were a little disappointed that no one informed us when making reservations that the interchange for I-10 that this hotel was located was closed. It certainly was not convenient to drive to the next exit to enter the interstate. All in all, a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear? Share your experiences!