“Great Mexican!”

Chalo's Casa Reynoso
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Globe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Taking fellow reviewers advice we went to Chalo’s for lunch.

We arrived about 1:30 pm on a Friday and the place was crowded with what we took for mostly
locals. I think we got the only vacant table in the place. A very nice young waitress took drink
orders immediately, chips and salsa were brought soon thereafter. The chips and salsa were
very good there was a mix of corn chips and flour chips and the salsa was on the mild side and
very good. The nice young lady came right back to take our order, no small feat, because she
was very, very busy. (My guess is that she sleeps well after a shift at Chalo’s.)

The love of my life ordered the Carne Asada Burro with rice and beans. What flavor! The carne
asada was wonderful she even ate the beans and that in itself is a small miracle. Far too many
restaurants serve beans that seem to me to be loaded with salt not these they actually tasted
like beans and were very good. The rice was also very good most times both items go uneaten
but not at Chalo’s.

I was undecided, wavering between ordering Carne Adovado and a Machaca Burro, the server
suggested the machaca with green chili over it. That was wonderful. The burros were, in both
orders, crammed with meat. Our iced tea and soda were kept filled and I was rather impressed
because as I said she was really busy.

To sum up you cannot go wrong at Chalo’s. The food and service are excellent believe me all of
those “excellent” reviews are well deserved.

The only problem with finding a place like this is that it is too far away, about 75 miles for us, to
go often but too close to stay away.

There are newer reviews for Chalo's Casa Reynoso

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Thanks to tripadvisor we decided to head here. Thanks to the previous reviews and to all the contributors we had a fantastic and cheap dinner tonight! It is more than recommended. If you are in Globe, you cannot skip it. The place is huge and when we arrived it was almost full. Full of locals.

1  Thank TravelersAngelsTips
Reviewed January 7, 2014

By far this is my most favorite place to eat! THe food is always delicious and the service is top-notch! It can get very busy around lunch and dinner but very seldom is there a wait. Service is always quick with a friendly smile and the price is more than fair. THis is the best Mexican food there is!

1  Thank Cathy0255
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've stopped there several times, the food is always great, the service is also top notch...we wish they were open on Sundays!

1  Thank cindyrose1956
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Best Mexican Food in Globe...Greasy and Great just like it should be. Hands down our first choice every time we're in town!

1  Thank GullyWasher

Been to Chalo's Casa Reynoso? Share your experiences!