“Very good food - but not my favorite place in the world!”

Irene's Real Mexican Food
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Globe
Cuisines: Mexican
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very good food - but not my favorite place in the world!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Driving from Tucson to Pinetop area - Globe was the natural stop for lunch. Read the reviews (this place gets reviewed under 3 different names I think) and thought we had to see what someone's favorite place in the world looks like. Salsa is excellent and the way they serve it is clever. I had Huevos Rancheros and it was good, but not best I've ever had - rice side was really nothing special. My husband had the #4 combo and he enjoyed all of that. Service was pleasant and friendly even though they were extremely busy.

Visited January 2014

Medford, Oklahoma
“My favorite place in the world”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh my where to start! This place blows any Mexican restaurant in the dirt. Absolutely the best authentic Mexican food I have ever had. They are fast cheap and delicious. They have a very spacious dining area to sit and enjoy or you can order to go. The salsa is to die for and is homemade daily. I haven't ever been disappointed when I visit Irene's. I cannot wait to come back and enjoy a nice burro enchilada style!

• Visited March 2013
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Best of Globe”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Globe is my epicenter of great Americanized Mexican cooking: perfect balance of flavor and spice. Irene's is one of the best examples and it is very easy for travellers on US60 to visit: directly on North side of the highway, just West of town and just East of the turnoff to Showlow. Food is abundant, skillfully prepared, and very reasonably priced. My personal favorite is an enchilada-style green chile burro, but there are any number of fine combinations. No ground meat, of course - just pulled beef or pork in the appropriate dishes, dripping with melted cheeze. Not good for diets, but fine comfort food. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited May 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great tasting Country Mexican family cafe”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Better than average food in a family atmosphere with fair prices. The staff were real hustlers. Some subtle music might help subdue the chatter that echoed around, but it was a popular eatery

Visited April 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Tasty vegetarian option”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although the atmosphere is that of an average vinyl boother, the service was friendly and efficient and the food was quite good at Irene's. The salsa was tasty, and I very much enjoyed the gollo burro which was recommended by the waitress as a vegetarian option. Just the right amount of spice and sauce, and a dish I haven't encountered at other Mexican restaurants.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Irene's Real Mexican Food? Share your experiences!