“The worst”

Knights Inn Globe
Knights Inn Globe
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Globe
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Needs to be torn down. The worst shape of any motel I've been in in many many years. Globe must not do any inspections or this place would be shut down. The staff was friendly but everything else just plain sucks. From various markings throughout this place it used to be a Super 8.
Internet doesn't work, called the desk, was promised the manage would fix, after 2 days, nothing. Toilet would not flush. They use a plunger, I use it, doesn't work. Gross!!! Change room, ceiling of new room has partially fallen down, apparently from a leak who knows how long ago. Breakfast in the lobby consists of bagels, danish or cereal. The milk is in a filthy fridge. No tables, to chairs, eat standing up or carry the dishwater tasting coffee back to your room.
The stairs for the upstairs rooms are RUSTED THROUGH! Sooner or later they will fail. The parking lot looks like it has went through a carpet bombing run from the US Airforce.
I could go on but why bother. Do yourself a favor and go camp with the hobos under a bridge. It's cheaper and just as good.

Room Tip: Go camp with the hobos under a bridge instead.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Globe

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I fully agree with the previous rating by "Catfish Ranger"from Texas. Globe is a historic old southwestern town. Don't expect this place to be like new or that there are Las Vegas style high rise hotels here. The rates are good,the rooms are clean, with a/c and heat, there's even a pool, the staff is very friendly, Included is a continental style breakfast of cereal, juices, coffee, hot tea or cocoa, pastry, fruit. Or if you prefer there's Jerry's coffee shop/restaurant smack dab across the parking lot ,they will even give you a 10% discount by showing your room key. If you are looking for a resort drive on by otherwise this is a good stop.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was perplexed at the two reviews just prior to mine. I travel all over the country, have been on the road for 30 plus years, and have experienced good and bad. This place was definitely good. Now remember it's an older property, so keep in mind your comparables. I stayed here coming back from the West Coast on a business trip in December, 2011. I got a good rate, and my room was a terrific value, clean, neat, quiet, and comfortable. I got in late, and had to leave early, and the Manager, Jay Mistry, extended some courtesies on the fax machine that enabled me to take care of some business without having to stop later in the next day while I was on the road. Settling in the for the night, I noticed the amenities included in the room, and wound up making a list. Ready? My room had a king bed, comfortable matress, three pillows; a tile shower-tub combination with safety mat, and two faucets (two faucets allow greater control over water temperature than the one handle circle type); his and hers sinks, hair dryer, bottle opener (I loved this, it reminded me of trips when I was a kid, a long time ago, and far, far away). Coffee pot with both coffee and tea makings, ironing board with iron, 33' digital TV with Dish Channels, and HBO, chest of drawers with 5 drawers, 2 bedside tables, work table with two chairs and moveable floor lamp (put the light where you need or want it), a vanity table with 12 x 24 mirror and chair, microwave and fridge, free internet, well maintained and clean thick carpet, a complimentary laundry bag (just right for accumulating laundry on the road to wash at the laundramat when you need it) complimentary soap, shampoo and body lotion, and last, but by no means least, a pencil and pad for making notes. Now that's just about everything a motel can offer. My stay was brief, but clean, quiet, and comfortable. Given the senior's value rate extended to me, I would deem this place an extraordinary value, and I'll stay here again next time I'm through Globe. Notwithstanding the other reviews, my experience was 5 star all the way. I hope you'll give them a try, and tell Jay that "Catfish" sentcha. (I bet he won't remember me, but might remember the guy that looks like Buffalo Bill). Good Luck.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor in the corner.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rangercatfish
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This motel room looked as if it should be rented by the hour. The blankets were "stained" and we actually found a condom wrapper between the sheets of one bed. My children saw that. Had fun explaining that one. We didnt even stay one hour and had trouble getting our money refunded. I would keep driving right past this one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank broncos7247
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stopped here for an overnight stay with my son. I travel a lot and this place ranks at the bottom of my list. At the price they charged, I assumed it would a good place to stay. I was terribly mistaken. It is more like your typical old highway motel that rents out at $29 per night. The place is run down. Everything in the room from the paint, carpet, beds and linens is old. Great location for spending a night through town, but that is all I can say about it.

I won't be staying here again. There are nicer places to stay in Globe. If you want a place like this one, there are plenty of $29 to $40 rooms in the Globe area.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 25, 2009

nice room ,good service ,manegar is very helpfull.the bed is comfortable. we always had a good nice sleep.and its neear by the casino .and restaurants next door.The staff is very helpful and extremely friendly. The "lobby" area is very clean The place seemed to be very clean i did find hairs on my pillow The sheets and everything smelled clean . I saw the cleaning lady cleaning rooms and they change the sheets every day

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rasik49
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We booked this property by calling the motel directly and I must advise - DO NOT stay here. Period. I have stayed at my fair share of roach motels, but this one takes the cake.

Loud bikers partying until all hours of the night, small children playing "screaming games" in the car outside the first floor, and the carpet outside the room was wet and smelly.

The tub did not drain, the linoleum was sticky, the fridge worked intermittently, the blankets were full of cigarette burns and holes, the coin operated dryer was broken (which we were not told was broken until after we purchased soap from the front desk and washed our clothes), and the overall room was DIRTY and not pleasant to stay in.

There are many small local motels in Globe that are of a higher quality. I generally book all my trips online, which is why I did not have the opportunity to book one of those...many local motels have better service and accomodations that are cheaper...definitely stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jenn13Jenn