“Beautiful renovated rooming house”
Review of Chrysocolla Inn

Chrysocolla Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Globe B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful renovated rooming house”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Spacious: each suite is made out of what used to be three miners' rooms.
Elegant: rooms and furnishings have charm but the decor is not frilly. Rooms very clean, wood floors, fluffy white towels, etc.
Communal areas: lovely - terraces, fireplaces, gorgeous long dining table and bar for events - beautiful just to look at.
Host: Libby - wonderful and interesting person! (Thanks Libby for the conversation!) The story of the inn and its painstaking renovation is fun to hear. These are some cool women!
Location: Globe is not a typical tourist destination. There is an important archeological/historical site well worth visiting; not too many restaurants in walking distance of the inn (yet).

Room Tip: I had a west-facing room on top floor (Rose Quartz). There was a bit of noise from a truck outside...
Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My partner and I needed a place to spend the night between west Texas and Sedona and Globe seemed to be the best place to stop. We decided the Chrysocolla looked interesting, and are we glad we chose this wonderful B & B! Other reviews and the website made it look promising, but it exceeded our expectations. The story of the restoration was fascinating, and I truly appreciate the efforts it took to make the inn what it is today. We so enjoyed meeting the owner, and Libby, our hostess, a former innkeeper in Israel, was perfectly charming and entertaining. She cooked a wonderful breakfast, including homemade gluten free cornbread, an experiment for her, but a real treat for us. It was excellent and I expect it might be served again sometime. The breakfast was hearty, healthy, and delicious and could not have been better. All in all, we enjoyed our stay immensely and would love to go back. There is a beautiful apartment next to the Inn which is for rent; we got to take a peek at it. The owners of this entire property certainly have wonderful vision, and have contributed a great asset to the community of Globe. We cherished our stay in our lovely room and appreciated wandering around the Inn taking in all of its beauty. Oh! And almost forgot to mention the reasonable price. Why stay at a chain motel or hotel when a place like the Chrysocolla is available? Great location too, near other places of interest. Just wish we'd had more time in Globe.

Room Tip: The turquoise room has a beautiful view of a lovely courtyard area.
1 Thank alamito
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our hostess made our experience here so sweet and interesting. She gave a wonderful historical story about the homes life, and of the town. Made us want to return there again one day! Her breakfast was superior, and room was eloquent.

Room Tip: we were in the rose quartz room. It was so sweet.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, but the Chrysocolla really stood out. First there is the amazing restoration/renovation of this 1904 boarding house. (Which has quite a history.) You get all the historical touches but you do not pay a price for it, as everything is beautifully done.

The hosts are equally great, as is the breakfast.

A veranda on the west side allows for beautiful sunsets.

They could charge twice what they charge and it would still be a bargain.

Room Tip: Got to review all the rooms, you can't go wrong.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I agree that everything about this place is CHARMING.
This bed and breakfast was totally amazing!
One of the most comfortable rooms I have ever stayed in.
I arrived later than the average guest and the innkeeper Libby was so accommodating and friendly. She made sure that I was warm enough before I went to sleep. The definition of a warm welcome. :)
This place was so darn cozy that I want to try and get my parents from Texas to take a little vacation here.
While I stayed solo, there was a couple in another room and a family of four down the hall. So many different types of travelers could be happy here.
I didn't just feel welcome and at home, I felt like Libby and her two relatives who also work at the B&B and who stopped by--genuinely cared about me and the other guests. They were all the perfect mixture of how social or hands off you wanted them to be. It's like they just KNEW when you had a question or needed some alone-time. :)
Walking distance to historic downtown. Just took me about 5-minutes to walk to the heart of Globe.
The breakfast was totally fabulous. My first morning it was a lavish multi-course meal that felt rather gourmet. My second morning, I had to leave way earlier than the average guest and Libby woke up earlier to make me a wonderful little farewell breakfast. So kind of her.
I love vintage clothing stores and there was an awesome antique mall right down the street.
It's clear that a lot of work is going in to making this a very special place. Not just clean, but immaculate. Not just cozy, but practically like taking a retreat. I actually went there to work on writing and it was perfect. And Globe is such a cute town to walk around taking pictures of and gathering creative inspiration. I had one night on the town and it was a hoot.
My room had so much style and character.
Highly recommended! I'll definitely go back. In fact, while I was there, some regular guests were there. This may be Globe's best kept secret. People love returning. :)

Room Tip: I'm actually not sure what side of the house I was on, but there were at least EIGHT other peopl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A warm welcome and a lovely comfortable room awaited my husband and me at this newly restored B&B. Holly and Rosemary have created an elegant, uncluttered, yet homelike atmosphere. The location is ideal, just a few moments walk away from Globe's historic downtown and the Cobre Valley Arts Center. We enjoyed drinking coffee and tea on the spacious balcony overlooking the town with expansive sky views. Breakfasts are delicious and healthy with generous servings of fresh fruit. I am on the same page with other reviewers who look forward to returning to this special inn again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WinC1
Arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2012

There were many things we loved about this place beginning with location just two blocks from downtown Globe with its Art Center, shops, eateries, coffee house and movie theater. Partial to old houses and historic buildings I enjoyed the setting on a quiet street of old houses with porches. As other reviews have mentioned the owners and manager have redone this place with the best of taste and creativity and have a gift of making one feel comfortable and at home. Breakfasts are delicious and I thought the elegant dining room and smaller but charming and light-filled breakfast room (breakfasts are lovely as are the bricked patios and balconies and sitting room with a fireplace. I plan to go again and again so I can stay in each of the lovely rooms named for minerals that come out of the hills around Globe. We are so grateful that this historic miner's hotel has been brought to life with so many beautiful details. Can't wait to be there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple