“Meixan Food”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Meixan Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellant Mexican food/ have to stop place. They have been around for many years / that should say it all.. This place should be on great food finds..

Visited August 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Not worth a second visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was recommended by a local who has had 5 generations live here, amazing. We were exited to try the place and we also were told to try Combo #5. The place was very crowded on a Sunday at 11:15 we were surprised by that. The atmosphere like the city has seen better days and after siting there for awhile I realized the spots on the wood walls were splatters of food from many years of messy eaters, kinda gross. Our service was ordinary and the food the same, the salsa which I assume if you make good Mexican food the salsa should be the same was blah and the chips stale. I think because of the swamp coolers running and it being humid that day it possibly made the chips this way? At least I hope so. The Combo #5 according to my dad was not great and the only thing good on it was the taco (1 of 3 items) I ordered a soft chicken taco and enjoyed the refried beans the best the rest, rice and taco, was plain. I was told other Mexican food places tyhere are better I would hope so. It amazed us how crazy busy this place was upon leaving, did we order wrong, I don't think so if the salsa wasn't even good, my indicator of a great p[lace to eat.

• Visited July 2013
“Served me raw chicken and did nothing.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go to globe this weekend, and while we were there we ate at La Casita Cafe. I ordered a chimi but could not eat it because it was too spicy, so I order chicken strips and fries instead. When I received the new order I took two bites of the chicken strip and realized it was totally raw on the inside. I informed the waitress and she apologized and took the half cooked strip back to the kitchen. After about ten minutes the new chicken strips were served. My boyfriend's food had gotten cold while he was waiting for mine and my fries were now cold. We were charged for three meals, and there was nothing offered to us for nearly being poisoned. I've been a restaurant manager for 10 years, I would never have a customer pay for raw chicken served in my restaurant. I felt like no one there really cared.

• Visited July 2013
“Great food in surprising place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Superb food at a very reasonable place. Salsa, chicken burro with green sauce and taco's were as good or better than any I have eaten in Phoenix or Puerto Vallarta over the years. Go for the food, not the ambiance, but has good and friendly service.

• Visited April 2013
Tucson
“Great Food for the Price!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a very nice dinner at La Casita Cafe in "Old Town" Globe. The restaurant tends towards family meals, but my wife and myself came as the families were leaving and had a enjoyable dinner. The "ambiance" is lacking a little, but the great service and great food make up for that. It's also a very good value for the money...recommended! Just remember...you're in Globe, not Scottsdale!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Robert S

Been to la Casita Cafe? Share your experiences!