“Manager Kimberly not willing to work with customers”

Kimberly Ann's Tea Room & CA
Ranked #4 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Glendale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Anthem, Arizona, United States
“Manager Kimberly not willing to work with customers”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I attempted to use my living social voucher this afternoon at Kimberly Ann's Tea Room. Had the pleasure of dealing directly with the manager/owner, Kimberly. Unfortunately, she would not honor my voucher stating that it required 24 hour advance reservation. I asked her to show me where in the fine print this stipulation was listed and when she was unable to find it she stated that it was Living Social's fault for not including it. Really? Aren't you in charge of final ad copy as the merchant?? I requested that she apply my voucher to purchase price of anything else on the menu and she refused. I didn't think that was too much to ask. Now she will have to deal with the negative feedback about her establishment/management practices on the internet. Definitely NOT a smart management decision on her part.
Below is an exact copy of fine print on my voucher:
the fine print
Limit 2 per customer, 2 additional as gifts
Limit 1 per table per visit
Valid Monday through Thursday
Excludes holidays including Valentine's Day, Easter, and Mothers Day weekend
Entire value must be used in a single visit

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Joan Z

Westbury, New York
“A neighborhood gem”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was our second visit in about a month. The first time we used a Living Social voucher - no problem redeeming it. We so enjoyed the Garden Tea, which included on that day delicious potato soup and fabulous scones along with great finger sandwiches and miniature desserts... And excellent service.
On our most recent visit, we ordered delicious salads with house-made raspberry vinaigrette dressing, light and flavorful scones and a lemon chicken soup that was truly outstanding. Again, the service was excellent. There is a nice selection of teas to complement menu choices.
We are making the Tea House a regular destination.

1 Thank budster1128
phoenix
“Do not use Living Social Coupon Here”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband bought a Living Social Coupon for my mother and I to go for a Garden Tea. One of 3 different afternoon teas they offer. We decided to go the week after Mother's Day. I called to make a reservation for 2 for the Garden Tea. I had a nice chat with the lady making the reservation she told me how many teas they had served over the mother's day weekend and overall was very pleasant. She asked if we would like a strawberry salad or soup. We asked for the salad. I was not asked whether or not I had a coupon. We decided on Wednesday at 11 am. It's a quaint area of Glendale in a several block section of restored bungalows. Parking is across the street in a public lot. We arrived and were immediately seated. There were only 4 others in the restaurant. The server, a nice young man, asked us to select our tea from a menu of several kinds. He brought us the strawberry/walnut salad and one dressing cup to share. The salad was generous enough but they serve it in a small bowl which makes it difficult to spread the dressing without everything going all over the table. I would suggest they serve it on a salad plate instead. The garden tea was very generous a warm cranberry scone with lemon curd and Devonshire cream, a fruit selection, a wonderful desert selection including 3 small pastries and large chocolate covered strawberries. There were also 8 different finger sandwiches. All in all a lot of food. The sandwiches are made up ahead of time which makes the bread dry but they were okay. It was not an $80 tea at the Ritz Carlton, it's a $30 tea in Glendale. When he came to take our plates away I gave him my coupon and then the trouble started. The server told me I should have identified that I had a coupon when I made my reservation. He didn't take the coupon with him so I laid it on the table with the bill he brought me. The bill was for $60 no tax. The lady who had been so sweet on the phone the day before came to the table took the coupon and said again that I should have identified that I had a coupon when I made my reservations. I said that it didn't say that on the coupon nor did she ask when we were having our lovely chat. I asked would our Garden Tea have been different had I told her I had a coupon for two Garden Teas and she said yes it would have been. I don't know what would have been left off of the advertised Garden Tea but clearly they were unhappy that we cheated them somehow. She told me I would have to pay $12.65 for the tax and tip, by cash, which I found interesting since tax was not on our original bill. So they only charge tax to coupon people. I don't know how much was for the server's tip since she didn't give me a bill so I left him an extra $5 and change. I hoped she was giving him at least 15%. I would have given him 20%. Afternoon tea is not an inexpensive lunch $60 for 2 people is a lot of money to many. It was nice to be able to go with a coupon that they put out for us to purchase for $30. To be punished for using it and shamed in front of the other customers because we didn't identify ourselves as a coupon purchaser seems like a very strange customer service strategy. I can't say how this place compares to other comparable tea rooms but I can say that I would not recommend that you buy the coupon, identify that you have a coupon when you make your reservation and go expecting to receive the same Garden Tea as others are having

5 Thank jjmphoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“High Tea”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

A quaint home in the Historic District in Glendale, Arizona, this Tea Room is the perfect place for High Tea! The house is converted to a restaurant with various rooms that will accommodate large parties or two people. The Garden Tea lunch includes a choice of hot tea, homemade scones with Devonshire, and lemon toppings, variety of seasonal fruit and four different types of finger sandwiches. Such an elegant way to treat yourself or someone else to a special treat! I would highly recommend this location!

1 Thank Linda M
Sun City, Arizona
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

By family I mean this is run by Kimberly Ann, who does much of the serving, and her grandmother Mae -- who does all the cooking. It's a small house Mae has owned for years and is decorated in country kitch which I find perfect. The food is excellent, especially the strawberry walnut salad, and the service MIGHT be a little slow if they're crowded, but it is well worth the trip.

Visited January 2014