“and the "Touch" is Delicious!”

A Touch of European Cafe
Ranked #17 of 586 Restaurants in Glendale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Touch of European Café is one of the hidden gems I am pleased to have discovered thanks to my Polish client Danusia, whom for months bragged on this place until I finally capitulated and made the date to discuss some business over a meal at this restaurant, but with great reluctance I have to add. Why? Because for months she told me about this place but always prefaced it with a disclaimer that was harmless at first, but after the fourth and fifth time, I became concerned that this might be something I may end up regretting instead of enjoying.

She would say “You must have lunch with me at Touch of European, the food is so good, you’re going to love it, but it’s a bit different than what you are used.” Now I have had Polish food many times and do enjoy the cuisine but this constant disclaimer had me worried… I can’t lie.

The day arrived and I was 15 minutes early awaiting my client so I parked across the street and snapped the picture you can see accompanying this review. A quaint house converted to a restaurant. Delightful!

Danusia arrived, we went inside and the interior décor was nice and clean but nothing spectacular. After a few minutes the very pleasant Margaret (Owner/Wife of Chef) came over with a plastic container (like a plastic pill receptacle) with a sample of “Peanut Soup” the chef had recently completed. “Absolutely Delectable” …. “I’ll have a cup of that of course”.

The peanut soup a bit spicy but not overpowering and so so delicious, I devoured it in record time. Chicken Schnitzel, with Mashed Potatoes and cold Cabbage salad were the sides. The chicken schnitzel was so good I forced myself to leave three to four bites to carry home, enjoy and relive the experience all over again for supper at my home. And I sure did!

Pros:
Unique locale and décor converting a house into a café with very delicious food and a very nice, warm and friendly face to make the experience even more enjoyable. The peanut soup was a hit and if you are fortunate to eat at this restaurant, pray it’s being served.

Cons:
The cabbage salad was good but I would have preferred it hot like the rest of the meal. It’s just something about having a cold item on a plate when everything else is hot.

Final Thoughts
When we initially sat down, two other guest were also there, but within 15 minutes the place was packed with all the local professionals smiling to be fed. I highly recommend this restaurant for good, Polish culinary experience. Having enjoyed Polish dishes while living in Florida, this food was on point for flavor and taste. I’m looking forward to returning and getting a sample of the entire menu each and every time.

2  Thank Guilder03

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Nice people good for great environment. Try the sausage. The snitzel needs sauce, haus Murphy has a corner on that. Otherwise we will return.

1  Thank travelregent
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Although I am of Italian heritage, I attended a Polish grade school and learned to enjoy authentic Polish cooking. This place does not disappoint. The husband-wife/chef-server combination is great; these folks are very pleasant and unpretentious. Just big enough for your group and just small enough to know that you are getting the real thing.

2  Thank TomLuchetti
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were looking for a new place to go. I found them on the internet. The wife and teen daughter are always leery to try new foods. None of us were familiar with Polish food. We all raved to the owners how delicious it was. Even my picky daughter thought it was fantastic. We assured them that we were now new regulars. Truly Fantastic!!!!!

1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Little cafe in historic section of Glendale with old trees, bungalows turned into shops and restaurants. Polish specialities ..pierogi, kielbasa, borsht, etc. Nice lunch, pleasant service...had to ask for addition iced tea. They prefer cash but will process credit card.

2  Thank SaguaroCity