We stayed during a weekend in December to watch the Arizona Cardinals take on our Denver Broncos. Dispite the outcome of the game (ouch... very ouch), the trip was great, mostly because this hotel is in such a great location.
We parked out rental car when we got here, and didn't use it again, except for a quick trip to Scottsdale to have lunch with friends. The only other thing we didn't have within walking distance was a grocery store. Other than that, we walked everywhere. It was a 10 minute walk to the Westgage center, which had a variety of restaurants (I'll post individual reviews of these in a bit, but stay away from McFaddens) and shops. We were also a five minute walk from the University of Phoenix Stadium, which was the site of the game. We "tailgated" at the pool, which was awesome. The location of this hotel is trly top knotch if you're in town for something at the sadium or the Jobing.com arena. The free parking is awesome, considering we were actually closer to the stadium than some of the pay lots where other fans were tailgating.
The hotel itself was exactly what I expected. Being a Hilton Diamond member, I'm pretty familiar with all their hotel lines, and have spent plently nights at Hampton Inns. I figured this one was pretty new, and I was exactly right. The breakfast area is large (which was good since Sunday morning was pretty busy) and the lobby is comfortable. We were upgraded to a King suite, which is really just a larger room with a pull out couch and a little bar area. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and everything was very clean. The staff was mostly great- just one overnight front desk worker who was annoyed when I asked for a foam pillow (she made it seem like such an inconvenience that I told her to forget about it). They were able to bring us some foam pillows when they cleaned our room the next day.
The common Hampton Inn gripes are true for this hotel: low quality shampoo/conditioner, small towels, etc., but that's what to expect with a Hampton, and those things aren't real important in my book.
We wanted a clean, comfortable hotel that was convenient to the location and we certainly found it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale/Westgate is located right next to the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the Arizona Cardinals) and Gila River Arena (home of the Phoenix Coyotes and Arizona Sting) as its backdrop, Westgate features trendy restaurants and lounges as well as unique shops, concerts and sporting events. Our hotel in Glendale, AZ also puts you in reach of the Major League Baseball Spring Training grounds, Phoenix International Raceway, Luke Air Force Base and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelPower, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate Hotel Glendale
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
- Hampton Inn Glendale
- Glendale Hampton Inn