“Great Location, Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed during a weekend in December to watch the Arizona Cardinals take on our Denver Broncos. Dispite the outcome of the game (ouch... very ouch), the trip was great, mostly because this hotel is in such a great location.

We parked out rental car when we got here, and didn't use it again, except for a quick trip to Scottsdale to have lunch with friends. The only other thing we didn't have within walking distance was a grocery store. Other than that, we walked everywhere. It was a 10 minute walk to the Westgage center, which had a variety of restaurants (I'll post individual reviews of these in a bit, but stay away from McFaddens) and shops. We were also a five minute walk from the University of Phoenix Stadium, which was the site of the game. We "tailgated" at the pool, which was awesome. The location of this hotel is trly top knotch if you're in town for something at the sadium or the Jobing.com arena. The free parking is awesome, considering we were actually closer to the stadium than some of the pay lots where other fans were tailgating.

The hotel itself was exactly what I expected. Being a Hilton Diamond member, I'm pretty familiar with all their hotel lines, and have spent plently nights at Hampton Inns. I figured this one was pretty new, and I was exactly right. The breakfast area is large (which was good since Sunday morning was pretty busy) and the lobby is comfortable. We were upgraded to a King suite, which is really just a larger room with a pull out couch and a little bar area. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and everything was very clean. The staff was mostly great- just one overnight front desk worker who was annoyed when I asked for a foam pillow (she made it seem like such an inconvenience that I told her to forget about it). They were able to bring us some foam pillows when they cleaned our room the next day.

The common Hampton Inn gripes are true for this hotel: low quality shampoo/conditioner, small towels, etc., but that's what to expect with a Hampton, and those things aren't real important in my book.

We wanted a clean, comfortable hotel that was convenient to the location and we certainly found it here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Ok, I see it is rated 2 1/2 stars or something like that... is it because there is No spa? No required Valet Parking? No Expensive Breakfast? Is it because they offer Free WIFI and have Free Parking while other High End hotels charge you?

This hotel has everything you need! Helpful & Friendly Staff, Warm Homemade Cookies in the Lobby, Very Comfortable Beds, Great Rooms, Free WiFi, Pool (which I believe is salt water but didn't see that printed anywhere), Hot Tub, Fitness Room and Free Breakfast! Plus it is in a Great Area, lots of Shopping and Resturants while being very visitor friendly and easy to navigate around.

We were there for 5 days, and not one day did we have a duplicate breakfast! They also have a huge assortment of doughnuts and muffins. Plus you can make your own waffles... yum, one morning one of the Kitchen Ladies made a special one for my daughter which had bananas in it, talk about going above and beyond, you could tell she was doing it because she enjoys it not just because its her job.

I marked cleanliness a 4 instead of 5, ONLY because the pool itself could have used a cleaning.. but nothing to bad, I suppose at 115 degrees the bugs want to cool off too :)

I absolutly would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MissAmerika
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed here overnight when in Phoenix to see Carole King and James Taylor concert. Really good location, good check in and the room is excellent. Unlike other hotels of this class they don't rip you off for internet and parking, both are free. Only problem I had is that house keeping staff had a loud conversation outside the room for about 20 minutes from around 8:30am. Other than that this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My husband and I went to visit a friend and just take a few day vaca in the area. This hotel was a gem in an up and coming area. We were right across from the Cardinal Stadium and West Gate. A fun place and great staff. They made us feel right at home. The breakfast was wonderful. We will definitely be looking to go back there in out next visit to the Phoenix area. Kudos to the hotel and its staff!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago and the way they treated me was unacceptable. After speaking with the front desk manager, I was informed that the power went out in my room. The staff then moved my personal belongings and then disabled my key so that I could not open the door . . .without telling me. I came back around 2 or 3, went up to my room, and tried to go to bed. I then called the night manager who had to let me into another room and told me they moved my stuff.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Management would not work with us to reschedule our stay after booking on the internet (not through them). They would not even give us a discounted rate. Very disappointed that they did not give any grace. Will not ever stay here!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

This Hampton Inn is clearly quite new as everything is in good condition. Clean and very comfortable room. The staff were very helpful. There was a good choice for breakfast, both hot and cold. I didn't try the hot, but the cold was fresh and there was plenty of it. Very close to Westage complex. I thought the hotel was a little over-priced compared to some, but it wouldn't stop me staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple