“Beautiful Hotel in a great area.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
NJgirl4ever
“Beautiful Hotel in a great area.”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My husband and I went to visit a friend and just take a few day vaca in the area. This hotel was a gem in an up and coming area. We were right across from the Cardinal Stadium and West Gate. A fun place and great staff. They made us feel right at home. The breakfast was wonderful. We will definitely be looking to go back there in out next visit to the Phoenix area. Kudos to the hotel and its staff!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago and the way they treated me was unacceptable. After speaking with the front desk manager, I was informed that the power went out in my room. The staff then moved my personal belongings and then disabled my key so that I could not open the door . . .without telling me. I came back around 2 or 3, went up to my room, and tried to go to bed. I then called the night manager who had to let me into another room and told me they moved my stuff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Management would not work with us to reschedule our stay after booking on the internet (not through them). They would not even give us a discounted rate. Very disappointed that they did not give any grace. Will not ever stay here!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed November 9, 2009

This Hampton Inn is clearly quite new as everything is in good condition. Clean and very comfortable room. The staff were very helpful. There was a good choice for breakfast, both hot and cold. I didn't try the hot, but the cold was fresh and there was plenty of it. Very close to Westage complex. I thought the hotel was a little over-priced compared to some, but it wouldn't stop me staying there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I've stayed at this property a number of times over the last 18 months - and colleagues have stayed more often - and I have to give them the credit that is due. The service and attention to detail have been consistently excellent every time. For example, on one of my visits, I mentioned that I needed more hangars for pants and skirts as I left that morning. When I returned to my room that evening, I had my hangars. Now, this is not particularly over the top - it's good customer service, yes, but about what I would expect. What was amazing was that the next time I stayed at the hotel, the front desk clerk made a point of saying that they'd made sure there were extra pant hangars in my room since they knew I needed them. THAT is definitely a step beyond.

As someone who does project based work and returns to the same properties again and again, that level of care is just not that common, and it's a very nice change. They always greet me by name when I come back, ask after other colleagues that have stayed there in the past, and just generally make it clear that they appreciate my business.

The rooms are fairly standard with the new models of the Hamptons - granite counters in the bathroom, wonderful pillow top beds, and a choice of feather or foam pillows already in the room. Not all the rooms have the frig and microwave, but those that do typically also have a wet bar area which is nice. Flat screen TV's, and all the channels you would expect are also standard.

My ONLY issue - and it seems to depend on whether there are baseball teams in the hotel - is that the internet connection can be slow. They have both wired and wireless in the rooms, but I didn't find any appreciable difference in speed. I work a lot when I'm at the hotel, and often connect to client sites through VPNs, and it was painfully slow in the evenings during my last stay. The stay before that was excellent, however, so I think it has a lot to do with who else is in the hotel and surfing!

There are lots of restaurants around, and a few that would be classed more as "fast food". Which Wich is a great little sandwich shop with tons of choice, Moe's has great, fast Mexican, and Native New Yorker across the street behind Cabela's Outfitters is good, solid pub food that you can eat there or take out. The restaurants at Westgate are a little pricy, but I've eaten at most and they're adequate to great. If you like ice cream, check out Coldstone Creamery - I find them wherever I go since we don't have them in Canada!

The folks at the front desk can also make recommendations for you - and they're honest about what each restaurant will offer in terms of style, service, and quality. There is also a hotel shuttle you can book to drop you off and pick you up if you don't want to drink and drive!

Having stayed at the Hampton in Peoria many times, there is no comparison with Westgate. It wins hands down. If you have a choice, go Westgate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TravellingCanuckYOW
nc
Reviewed October 8, 2009

room reasonable next to shopping and restaurants.Staff helped any way they could. clean and comfortable. price was right!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
edinburgh
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My friends and i were at the hotel for 3 weeks ,the room was large and comfortable, all the staff could not do enough for us.
Matthew,Matt and girls on the front desk were lovely. Geordean and Carolyn they are the girls that do the breakfast,they couldnt do enough for us also.Then there isJeramy and Alma they also are lovely people.
Thank you all , the ladies from Scotland