This hotel is located right on the 101 in Glendale AZ. It is also very close to Jobbing.com Arena and the University of Phoenix Stadium. The new Tanger Outlet Mall is right next door as is the Westgate Mall.
The hotel still looks newer even though it is several years old now. The pool is an outdoor pool and is kept at an average temperature. It is a good size pool with a hot tub.
There is ample parking and the staff has always been very nice and professional. Some staff have been there long enough to remember repeat customers and where they are from.
There is a free continental breakfast which has always been nice, well stocked, and the hours of service are fine. Coffee, hot chocolate, and tea have been available 24 hours as well as some fruit. This is a very nice touch.
The rooms are average size, but always clean and nice beds, exactly what I expect at a Hampton Inn and Suites. There are flat screen TV's and benches at the foot of the beds for putting on shoes or placing your luggage.The rooms are far more quiet than other places I have stayed which is nice. The carpet in the rooms and halls are still okay, but I would think in a couple years will need to be replaced. The cleaning staff does a good job of keeping up on things.
The only complaints I have are these. First, the rewards program is terrible. It takes sooooo many stays to earn enough credit for a free night. I have stayed here (and other Hampton Inns) a lot and I'm not even close to a free night.
Second, upon check in other hotel chains give members a few perks like bottles of water, snacks, fresh cookies and the like. This hotel does not. Every once in a while they put out a few warm cookies in the lobby, but not very often and they disappear quickly!
Overall, this is a nice place. If you are looking for a step up try the Holiday Inn Express or even the Renaissance Hotel which is the nicest in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale/Westgate is located right next to the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the Arizona Cardinals) and Gila River Arena (home of the Phoenix Coyotes and Arizona Sting) as its backdrop, Westgate features trendy restaurants and lounges as well as unique shops, concerts and sporting events. Our hotel in Glendale, AZ also puts you in reach of the Major League Baseball Spring Training grounds, Phoenix International Raceway, Luke Air Force Base and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate Hotel Glendale
- Hampton Inn Glendale
- Glendale Hampton Inn