“Relaxed atmosphere, good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Glendale

Ramada Glendale
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Orlando
“Relaxed atmosphere, good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2007

I really liked this place. My son and I traveled from Florida for the National Championship game in Glendale and this property exceeded our expectations. I read all previous reviews and felt that each captured what you can expect when you stay here. The front desk helped me get boarding passes for my flights, the breakfast room was staffed by a friendly lady, the night manager was kind to me...just an all-around good experience. Room was clean and maid service very well done. Thanks and hope to see you again on a future stay.

• Liked — Location and friendliness of staff.
  • Disliked — Had to pay extra since it was a sporting event...no big deal.
  • Stayed January 2007
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank bigdave1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Irvine, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2006

I normally don't make it a habit staying at Ramadas, due to some previous disappointments. This particular Ramada erased most of those memories.

I arrived just at sunset and check-in was quick, friendly, and easy. I was given a room on the second floor [as usual] and opened the door to a huge room with a king bed and a sofa-sleeper. It was warm that day and the air conditioning was already running. Nice touch! It did in fact look like it had recently been redone. Every square foot of the room was spotless.

I always turn-on the TV first, and this nice 27" yielded great reception, complete with a listing ov TV/cable channels! Hooray for once! However, their channel listings did not include Weather Channel programmed. BOOOO! The fast WiFi hook-up worked great and configuration was simple. There was also a jack for a network cable, but I didn't need to use it.

This property is not NEAR the Arrowhead Mall, it's AT the Arrowhead Mall, as are several other respectable hotels. You wont have to search hard for foor and/or drink. I would guess that there are more restaurants [all types] within a five-minute walk than the Ramada has total rooms! Be warned however, that many of the eateries/bars tend to close a bit earlier than I am used to.

This however, is at the mercy of other conveniences. If you desire a supermarket, 7-11, or a drug store, a car is definitely required as no such places are within sight. Due to the hotel's easy access to the 101 Loop [freeway], anything you want/need is less than a five-minute drive away.

The free continental breakfast is slightly better than I have experienced lately. It was your textbook CB, with a good selection of everything, including a waffle maker. The breakfast room was plenty big with six-tables, USA Today newspapers and a TV. A lady was always in sight restocking anything that seemed it was getting low.

I dangled my feet/legs in the pool before I retired for the night. The pool area has plenty of room with numerous chairs/tables. Water appreared very clean and not over-chlorinated.

Okay, I HAVE to complain about something, don't I? The plastic cups in the bathroom are too small and don't hold much of a Margarita! No, that's not worth deducting a star.

The following item I am still undecided about. Attached to the bathroom wall is a laminated letter that describes that everyihing in the room is property of the Ramada Inn, and it proceeds to list prices of items that are missing from the room after check-out, any where from $7 for a wash cloth to $100 for a bedspread. I don't know, is that tacky or not?

In summary, I stayed there on a Thursday and Friday night, and actually returned for one more night on Sunday, when which I walked-up and was given a price cheaper than their internet rate! It's a quiet place after the mall closes.

Every now and then I guess, Ramada can do it right. With the competetion locally, in this case, they HAD to! Would I go back? I don't know. It's fun to try the competition as well, but I refuse to tell anybody NOT to stay there!

• Liked — Good price and location.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank airlinestuff
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

Seeing as though this is really my first vacation somewhere far, I had a great time. The hotel is easily accessible to major highways and it is next to a mall. Actually, it is in the center of like four malls. The staff was really helpful. The maids were excellent. The concierge did everything they could to accomodate myself and the party I was with.

If your schedulle permits it, go to the Mexican restaurant behind the hotel. I think its called Arriba's or something to that nature.

Also, you will definitely want to pay cash for your room. They have some weird system where they reserve your room with your visa car and they you get charged on your card. Then a few days later the charge comes off after you pay with cash. So i recommend that if you are traveling with more than a few people, reserve all rooms on one card and pay cash when you get there.

The continental breakfast was more than i expected. They had a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. It was really good. Your best bet is to take your food back to your room because it does get really crowded in the dining room.

Sorry I do not have any pictures, I will post pictures for later reviews.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank willtravelsoon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to Ramada Glendale? Share your experiences!