“Bedbugs!”
Review of Ramada Glendale

Ramada Glendale
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We were besieged with bed bugs at night!! Our experience at this hotel was horrendous!
This property should not be recommended to anyone.

Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank sbgnj

Reviewed February 3, 2010

We were in for Spring Training. The field was within walking distance, at least for me (not for some)... The very large Indoor Mall was across one direction and Target shopping Mall the other direction. Starbucks was within a few blocks as well there is a Trader Joe's... Surrounded by restaurants in every direction. What more do you need??? The room was always clean, parked right outside the room, and the continential b-fast was consistantly full every morning. WIth one meal included and a quiet hotel the price is very fair. If you are looking for action, a bar or beautiful pool, pay more lots more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed in the Ramada the week of August 10th, 2009. The room was clean and spacious, but the cleaning staff didn't arrive until mid afternoon. My only MAJOR complaint is that the Free High Speed Internet was down, and had been not working for over a week. The front desk told me that they were in the process of getting another server, but she didn't know when this would occur. This, to me, is absolutely unacceptable. I would NOT have stayed in this hotel had I know the kind of problems this caused during my stay.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank valis1949
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Our room was very spacious and clean, the bathroom area was spotless. There was a very nice breakfast offered in the little cafe inside the hotel. The cafe itself had a large assortment of food and was very quaint and clean. The downside to our visit was as follows:

1. Beds are very hard and uncomfortable
2. Shower curtain had a musty smell
3. The ice machine next to our room was broken
4. There was no butter or milk offered in the breakfast area
5. A member of the staff (possibly cleaning) was arguing LOUDLY with someone on her cell phone and it was heard by everyone in the pool area and anyone walking to the front door to check out. Very unprofessional.

Other than that, it was a decent stay, maybe a little too pricey, but not bad.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank laroge
Reviewed February 20, 2008

In a mall. Is actually a Ramada "Express" which means"cheap motel".
Regular hard motel beds, 3 hour maid service, mediocre front desk-not rude in any way simply "doing their job". In a shopping center. I honestly don't understand why people comment on breakfast at these places but cereal and the possibility for toast or a waffle doesn't really a Motel make. Perhaps I am a jaded business traveler but there are many better choices in this price range. Stick with Fairfields, Hamptons. Country and Springhill suites and many others and you will get a much better experience

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank zion6
Reviewed July 16, 2007

First impressions were quite good and staff were friendly on the desk.

We'd booked two rooms, one for my husband and I and the other for our two teenagers next door to ours. The children's was fine but ours was stiflinngly hot. I stripped the covers off the bed and I was sure that the bed hadn't been changed - the bottom sheet looked crumpled and the pillows cases were slightly marked. Then horror of horrors I spotted a long dark hair in the bed.

My husband went down to reception to ask if we could change rooms and while he did I went into the bathroom and discovered we had quite a few extra guests - ants.

We changed rooms and discovered that bathroom too had a few uninvited guests too.

The maid appeared almost immediately to strip the bed in the room we had just moved out of so that was in their favour.

The table at breakfast could have done with a wipe over before we sat down. The food was very mediocre.

I was glad we were only staying one night. I wouldn't stay at a Ramada again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Exmoorgirl
Reviewed April 26, 2007

Previously I have had only negative experiences with Ramada hotels...until now. I was very satisfied with the room (2 queen size beds / microwave / refrigerator) and the staff was friendly. The deluxe continental breakfast offerings were as I expected. And except for the hair dryer not working consistently and the older, small microwave, I was pleased. Also, this hotel is convenient to the Loop 101 which made getting around easy. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TravelColoradoNow