Stayed here the past four years but this year I could tell that there have been a lot of needed improvements. Carpeting needs to be replaced and the 50's furniture but the old towels and linens have been replaced. The outside (curb appeal) has been upgraded. Overall, its not a bad place to hang your hat for the night.
We should have paid attention to the other reviews, but thought the location was perfect for us, and we needed pet friendly. We should have listened...the rooms were horrible. It seemed as though the bedding hadn't been replaced in years. Old, dingy gray, and wrinkled, I wasn't sure if they had been washed or not. The towels were in similar condition. Must I mention that in our room, 221 there was no hot water. No, none ....we had hot water in the sink but not a drop in our shower. Thank goodness I had family staying, and I could use their room. We must have had to replace the door keys at least 6 times. Unfortunately, I cannot say the staff was any better. Very disappointed. The only good thing about this hotel was the location to Stadium, mall and restaurants. You would think they would upgrade to fit the surroundings.
I normally take hotel reviews with a grain of salt. I've read plenty of reviews where reviewers seemed to expect Hilton-level amenities at say, a Best Western when they're paying a Best Western-appropriate price.
I've stayed at plenty of Ramada Inns in the past and when I saw the reviews for this hotel, I thought, "It's a Ramada--how bad can it be?"
Bad. Really bad. Some lowlights:
* The carpet in our room was disgusting--if you walked around barefoot, the bottoms of your feet would be black. As other reviewers have noted, you'll be lucky to get lukewarm water for your shower.
* We were out in 90-degree heat for spring training and looked forward to a quick dip in the pool...my husband jumped in only to find that the pool wasn't heated!
* Old-school Zenith tv in the room where most of the channels (other than HBO) were marred by static.
* Our room phone didn't work. The front desk said they'd send someone to take a look, but never did.
* Housekeeping stopped by while we were still in the room. I asked for extra towels (you only get two of each and we'd needed at least one more after the ill-advised dip in the pool). They gave us extra towels, but somehow interpreted that as "Don't stop by to tidy up the room today."
We will never stay here again. I've stayed at Super 8 motels that were nicer.