“Awful Hotel”
Review of Ramada Glendale

Ramada Glendale
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Shredded towels, dirty carpet, no wifi, half a (used) little bottle of shampoo, soap marked exclusively for Super 8. Computer in the lobby broken, jacuzzi broken, pool not heated, pool furniture broken. Not an pen, not a pad, teen-agers in jeans on the desk. We were there for three nights and wouldn't have stayed one night after we saw it, but had prepaid and couldn't get our money back. No way this is a "mid-market" hotel if you've ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express or a Comfort Inn. Awful. One bright spot was the very nice breakfast attendant and it's a good location for ball games. We would never stay her again, ever or in any Ramada if this is okay with them. Tried emailing corporate, btw, no response.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank judyr460

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I go to this area about 4 times per year.

The hotel we usually stay at was full. Being a man like Ramada we decided we would try it.

Towells were dingy white. Bath tub was peeling. No phone was present in room. We had to ask and then were handed p e in a box with offer to attach.

We had to go to desk 4 put of 5 nights to ask for towels. None were left.

I was told since we booked through
Priceline we got a "cheaper" room based on the price we paid.

Manager was no help.

When we went to get towels thr lobby was full of people. No ones wi fi would work any where except in the lobby

If the options were to stay in car or at this hotel??? Consider your. car.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Joeseph123
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place would be good as a last resort, but I would not like to stay there again. I stayed for two nights in March and it just wasn't a nice hotel experience.

Cons:

*Cleaning service was inconsistent with toiletries left in room. The person I was traveling with had a different set of toiletries in their room (they had lotion, i didn't. i had shampoo, they didn't.)
*Towels were bare, shredded on the ends, and so thin.
*Comforter and blanket didn't appear to be very clean.
*Found a STRAIGHT PIN on the floor when I checked in.
*Heard a guest at the desk complaining about his room key not working on multiple occasions.
*Breakfast was not much at all. You can have toast or waffles, but your only condiment choice is syrup. No butter, jelly, etc.
*Front desk is under-staffed.
*Pool furniture is old, dirty, and cracked.
*Upper shelves in closet of room had not been dusted in months, maybe years. A thick layer of dust covered it.

Acceptable Points
*Location is nice, very close to a mall and lots of restaurants.
That's all I can think of :/

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmyGoes211
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The comforter was blood stained, but I guess we weren't supposed to notice because the bloodied side was face down, you didn't see the stains until you turned down the bed. The towels (when they even gave us enough) were thread bare & shredded. Everyday we had to have our room keys reprogrammed in order to get into our room. We had to go to the desk everyday to ask for towels, soap etc. The laundry room had no soap nor did the front desk, there was no wifi and the list goes on. You couldn't pay me to stay there again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T M
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was by far the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in !!!! When we arrived there was only a half a roll of toilet paper and then we had to ask for more the next day. Long hair in the washroom that was not ours. Dirty disgusting filth on top of the shower and an inch of dirt on to of the closet shelf. Beds were uncomfortable and sheets and towels smelled disgusting. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was the breakfast room lady who seemed to do a great job keeping that room cleaned and stocked. I was actually scared to take my socks off in the room as it was so gross. Please dont stay here EVER !!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Middenz
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Unfortunately, I am stuck with this reservation and will rate it my worst hotel stay ever. I arrived at about 1:30 PM with no visible vehicles in the parking area I asked about checking in early. i was told 'sorry, we were full last night, nothings ready' I asked if I could leave my cell number so they could call me if a room became ready and left my number. I returned an hour later to see several people checking in and yet I had never been called. When I asked the receptionist why they hadn't called I received a shrug. I sat down to use the computer (in front of the receptionist) and struggled with trying to access the internet. finally, I asked for any special instructions only to be told "oh, that doesn't work". Probably would have been an exhausting effort to tape an out of order sign or better yet - fix the computer!! In the room one bed is sagging badly, on the wall 'something' stained and stuck in several spots, several holes, dents in the wall ugh!!! Even the sidewalks outside are filthy and the garbage in the kitchen area is overflowing at 2:30 PM. Most disgusting hotel experience ever - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Pretty sure there is no suh thing as a good room at this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelWiseN0W
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I came here because it was the best price for a mid grade hotel when I was making my reservation. I won't come back. There is no reason to not have Internet in the rooms. I travel with a disabled person. I can't go sit in the lobby to use the Internet. Your description online says all rooms have Internet. Change you info!!

• Stayed: February 2012