“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Glendale

Ramada Glendale
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Kingman, Arizona
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

I got a great rate for this hotel. It's in a mall parking lot! Though I didn't have time to shop, I will find time the next time I travel. I found this hotel very nice. We stayed in an accessible room. I got to park by my door. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The linens were white. The breakfast was all carbs, but sufficient for the price. Cereal, bagels, sweet rolls, and what I love, waffles! The coffee was great, too.
I had a micro wave and fridge in my room for those restaurant leftovers. TV was not huge, but the channel selection was great as well as the reception.
The only drawback was the internet was not strong enough to get to my room. I did find a signal for a short while, but will check on a closer room to the lobby next time.
There was a small exercise room that I didn't have time to check out.

Room Tip: to can get internet, check signal before unpack
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jean A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed there for a 2 week vacation from the Wisconsin weather. The staff was excellent. The desk clerks were all very friendly and helpful. The internet was terrible. If you get a room away from the front desk, you can't connect with it. The manager did move us closer to the office where we got internet but it was slow and showed on my computer as unsecured. The pool area was nice but the furniture is all cracked and some of it was actually broke. They need to replace this stuff. The rooms were clean and maid service was exceptional. They cleaned our room daily and respected our privacy also. The location can't be any better for shopping and eating. Every eatery that you can think of is within walking or driving within a mile of the motel.

Room Tip: Get a room near the front desk for internet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

This hotel can't be beat for the price. It has clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, and great breakfast with excellent coffee. We had a room with 2 queens and the beds felt great even after 4-5 days. The Hotel is near the mall as well as any restaurant or store you'll ever need. We have an almost 3 yr old and 7 month old and the room was perfect. Plenty of room for the pack 'n play (for the baby). I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and we will be back! If only all Ramada's were this nice!

Room Tip: For a family w/ kids get 2 queens on ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

My BF and I stayed at the Ramada at Glendale after a 5 1/2 hr flight from NY. We wanted a place to relax and prep before heading out to hike in Sedona. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was spotless and roomy. It had a fridge and microwave. The WiFi was some of the best we had in AZ. The Ramada is surrounded by any and every restaurant you could think of-so take your pick! We stopped by the Wal-Mart ,which is close by, to pick up last minute supplies for our desert adventure. At sunset you have a view of the hot air balloons. If you are handicapped or have issues with steps, I would recommend getting a 1st floor room so you don't have to lug it up the steps. Although, a staff member did offer to help when he saw me carrying my bags. The continental breakfast was nothing fancy but appreciated and satisfying. You really can't beat all you get for the very reasonable price!

Room Tip: 2nd fl. has a nice view of the hot air balloons
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

We were in Arizona for my mothers 90th birthday. I choose this hotel because it was located in the Arrowhead mall and not far from family. The rates were very reasonable and the accommodations adequate. The room was dark and since it was on the first floor you needed to keep the curtains closed so no one could look in. Also the bathroom sink was in the bedroom so when you turned the lights on it disturbed anyone else in the room still sleeping. Breakfast was included with the rate which made for a pleasant surprise. My wife especially liked the waffles. The wifi worked but you would get a better signal in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

For $139 + tax you get: no WiFi, no ethernet, no internet even though they advertise it as free. It doesn't exist! Also: dirty towels in bathroom, no reg. coffee, sink stopper didn't work, TV is very dark, very small and very low def, some controls on AC unit don't work, AC unit so loud that it woke me up every time it came on. Breakfast is very meager unless you like sugary high calorie foods. We had a bad night in a grossly overpriced bad flea bag!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azman4
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

My family and I went down to The Ramada by the mall in Glendale for a Valentine's getaway type of thing. This place was great. I have read some off putting reviews on here so I was a little skeptical but boy was I wrong. Everything was fantastic, I mean there are countless things to do and eat within walking distance. We got tickets to Spring Training while we were there since the stadium was right there. Big SD fans!! All in all it was great it really was. Rooms were nice and clean and the GM was so accomadating to us. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to Ramada Glendale? Share your experiences!