“What a difference a day makes”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Concord, California
“What a difference a day makes”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We moved to this hotel after spending one night in the roach-infested Ramada on the same property., The staff was professional and responsive, and the breakfast makes for a nice touch. We stayed for 4 nights and had no problems.

The only thing that bothered me was a portion of the breakfast itself. I appreciate having protein in the morning to fill me up until noon, but the sausage wasn't drained before putting it into the serving pan so it was a total layer of grease at the bottom of the pan and I couldn't get past that, so I avoided it. The other issue at the breakfast area was that there was a 4-slice toaster with a sign on it that said "use only this side" so only 2 pieces could be toasted at a time. That led to a backlog of guests waiting in line to use the toaster.

The room itself was quite comfortable, with the exception of what appeared to be a brand new bed that was too firm for us. After 4 nights we were aching but the cleanliness of the room and the part of the hotel that we saw.

it was nice to be able to walk right across the parking lot to the Country Buffet restaurant too because the night we got back just beat from the day we didn't have to go far!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GweniferC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I recently stayed here 2 nights on business. I booked online for about $65/night. This was the cheapest rate in the area and I feel I got a GREAT deal. The room was newly renovated and had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, large TV, free wifi, and ipod dock.The free breakfast was delicious (I was the only one eating at 6am, and it was quite crowded at 9am). The hotel is situated on a road filled with dozens and dozens of restaurants and stores. I will definitely stay here again if the price is competitive with area hotels.

Room Tip: I had a room on the corner and it was great as I could utilize the stairs/ side doors and could avoi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alabama, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were pleased with this hotel stay in Glendale/Peoria Arizona. We have stayed at other Spring Hill Suites (other parts of the country) and this was much better. The staff told us there was a recent renovation so the decor was the same. But, it was much cleaner and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable visit. The breakfast was fine. It was located on the circle of Arrowhead Mall so many restaurants and shopping were close at hand. It is a couple of blocks from the 101 so getting back to the airport, going to Scottsdale, etc were easy to navigate. They also had a couple of computers with a printer for guest use which was nice for airport check in, etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This 4 story, all-suite hotel in the Northwestern part of the greater Phoenix area recently completed a total interior makeover. The paint still smelled fresh when I entered my room and the upgrade included the faddish "hair dryer stored in a black bag" which many hotels seem to be adopting. :-) The resulting ambiance throughout the hotel is soft, light, airy, modern and relaxing. Front desk people Jake and Teresa were very helpful. The lobby area allows for business, group or family huddles, especially with the large hightop table that includes power outlets for your electronic devices. Their hot breakfast buffet includes hot oatmeal, waffles, eggs and sausage with an above average selection of toppings and condiments plus traditional cold items such as fruit, cereal and pastries. I think this is the first time I've ever seen Kashi Go Lean Crunch as part of a hotel's morning offerings. They have an indoor pool and exercise room. Property is adjacent to the Arrowhead Towne Center with Dillard's, Macy's, JCPenney and Sears. Several higher education campuses and the Loop 101 Freeway are nearby. There are virtually hundreds of fast food, national restaurant chains and independent dining establishments within easy walking or driving distance. My one complaint with the room design in the Springhill Suites brand is that you cannot watch their TVs while you are working at the desk. Otherwise my stay was flawless.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnnyK5341
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Travel to the Peoria / Arizona to spend time with family. Usually stay at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express, but chose this hotel because the price was amazingly low (of course I was a little scared). What an amazing stay. From the hotel staff to the quality of the room (recently renovated) this place was a hit. The Asst GM Jake Henderson greeted us with a smile and was helpful and accommodating when we had an issue with our room door. The rooms were large, comfortable and had great amenities. I am training for a upcoming event and found their gym simple yet it provided everything I needed including space to do a workout video. The complimentary breakfast provided a very good selection of items, and was convenient.

If there was a negative.... I guess it was the layout of the King suite was that the part of the TV is slightly blocked when you swivel it toward the bed, due to the dividing wall. So I had to move over in the bed to see the entire screen ? That's the worse I can say.

Great hotel, great space great staff. Going back next week.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here one night before a trip to Las Vegas. The room was surprisingly large and the furniture was very nice. The staff upon arrival and at time of departure was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and offered the usual choices one expects. The attendant was very attentive, making sure everything was available and the area was clean. The room was cooled by a wall unit that cooled well and was so noisy you could stay awake to enjoy the cool room. I eventually fell asleep on the comfortable bed, but that a/c was very noisy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed there over labor day weekend and was pleasantly surprised. The manager and assistant managers are amazing and made the stay there so nice. The whole staff, from the people who clean the rooms to the people who take care of the breakfast area make the stay there worth while. This property was undergoing remodeling, but there was absolutely no noise to complain of. I accidentally left my purse in the room when I checked out and the manager called me the next day and arranged to send it back to me and not a thing missing inside. Talk about honesty! I look forward to staying there again and enjoying their renovated rooms. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family