Loved this hotel! Helpful, friendly staff, very clean, nice amenities.We would definitely stay in a Staybridge again!
Rooms: We stayed in a two-bedroom, two bathroom suite with our family of five (three kids). It was perfect for our family. The kitchen was very convenient. It was too small to really cook a full meal, but great for snacks, drink etc. Nice to have a full fridge and freezer and dishwasher and all the necessities. Really appreciated having drawers and lots of closet space in the bedrooms and cabinets in the bathrooms to store our stuff and manage clutter.
Breakfast and Snack: The free breakfast was a really nice convenience. Not a huge selection but definitely solid. You have to eat on the early side for the best selection. Pretty much the same every day. You can expect: scrambled eggs and some sort of meat (it was ham every day except bacon one day), cold cereal and oatmeal, small selection of fruit (melon or pineapple, apples and bananas), yogurt, bagels/toast and waffles (only one waffle iron with long lines, so you have to really want one!). Plus coffee and juices. The option for an evening dinner/snack was really nice, though we never took advantage of it.
Pool: The pool was awesome! Not overcrowded, lots of spaces to sit in the sun or shade. We swam almost every day.
Amenities: Used the fitness center a couple times and it's small (two treadmills, one elliptical and a small weight machine) but does the job. There is free laundry, which we never used but was a nice option. There is a little shop with snacks, necessities) etc that was very reasonably priced.
The location was close (within walking distance) of the Westgate entertainment district. Movie theaters, restaurant and a lovely open-air plaza with fountains that was great to walk around. Not sure if we would opt to stay in Glendale again, though - as most of the places we ended up going seemed to be closer to Scottsdale or DT. Would've liked to be a little closer (however we were never farther than 20-30 miles for most things.
Minor drawbacks: I didn't love that there was daily light housekeeping instead of a full-service clean. This was straightening, making beds, restocking etc. This probably would have been totally fine if we were not traveling with three kids. But as it was, I really would have liked to have the option have had the floor swept/vacuumed daily. Kids get messy! :) Again, the hotel was very clean, and they did a great job with what they DID do.This probably would not be an issue for anyone without kids.
The pay preview movies were insanely priced ($18, even for kids movies? Perhaps that's every hotel?), and they had very, very slow wireless. It is great that they offer their guests this for free, but we ended up using our portable hot spot and paying the over charges because the wireless was so slow. Browsing is fine, but streaming movies (netflix, hulu) or downloading movies or books on a tablet (we did this for the plane or on our road trip to the grand canyon) pretty much impossible.
Overall, we were very satisfied with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay with them again! Comfortable, clean, family-friendly and reasonably priced!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glendale, Arizona Hotel Welcomes Guests for an Exceptional Extended Stay Ideally situated across the street from the Westgate City Center, Staybridge Suites Phoenix - Glendale provides you with upscale extended stay accommodations and easy access to the most popular attractions and prominent businesses in the Phoenix area. Guests of our pet friendly Glendale accommodations can enjoy visiting downtown Phoenix and the Wildlife World Zoo. Entertainment and sporting events at Jobing.com Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium are located within walking distance. Business travelers appreciate our extended stay Phoenix - Glendale hotel which is near Luke Air Force Base, Glendale Airport and Honeywell. Over 800 sq. ft. of meeting space, free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour business center are available to meet your professional needs. During your stay, we hope you will take advantage of our Glendale, AZ hotel's complimentary laundry facilities and fully equipped kitchens. An outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a barbecue grilling area are also available for your enjoyment. In the morning, be sure to visit the free, daily hot breakfast buffet, and join us in the community great room for complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvre Tuesday through Thursday. As you plan your trip to the Valley of the Sun, we invite you to explore our excellent Phoenix - Glendale hotel rates and make your reservations with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale Hotel Glendale
- Staybridge Suites Glendale