“My favorite place to stay in Phoenix”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Albuquerque
“My favorite place to stay in Phoenix”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last year for a Depeche Mode concert only because it was near the Ak Chin Pavilion. I couldn't have been more pleased. I've stayed here two more times since. First of all the location is fantastic. It's walking distance of the jobing.com arena and only a few miles from Ak Chin. It's walking distance of the Tanger Outlet mall AND Westgate Center which has great restaurants, bars, and dancing fountains. Secondly, the price is great. Rooms are large and beds are comfy. The staff is great as well. This has become my place to stay in Phoenix.

• Stayed August 2014
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Sacheen N,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks in regards to your stay. We're glad that we have become your hotel of choice in the Greater Phoenix Area and we hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a good time here, hotel is very good. I stayed via Priceline's "Name your own price" and had a very good rate compared to what I was seeing on the other travel sights. Was disappointed ONLY with room location, I felt I was given a less then stellar location due to my paying a low rate. Not sure if that was true, but I would have been very mad to pay normal rate and get a second floor room with huge spot light as your main view. The hotel it's self was great, had to call maintenance to fix my mini fridge and they where there in less than five minutes and solved the problem. Very friendly staff, nice to be close to everything on Arizona hot afternoons, easy walk to either Coyote's or Cardinal games. The only issue that bugged me was the flag needs to be replaced, I know it is windy out here allot but it was shame full to see the American flag in that shape. Would not mind staying here again if I can get a good rate. I believe allot of the visiting teams also stay here when playing next door and that can be allot of fun. GREAT TIME. You will not be disappointed. Wi fi is not free, 13.00 per day, parking in the garage is about 12.00 per day but there is plenty of free parking in all the surrounding lots. Shopping, 20 theatre movie theater within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room, lower floors overlook lobby roof and have spot lights shinning in your room...
Green Features: about the same as other hotels, no major sense that they would go above and beyond
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank dsabo6
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
dsabo6,

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay. I will definitely pass on your comments to all of our departments and especially in replacing our American Flag. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel has a great location, very close to shopping and dozens of restaurants, but their meeting space is excellent, some of the best in the valley. The meeting space is huge and airy, with a lot of natural daylight. And they have a ton of space, enough for a conference of 500 people or more.
The sleeping rooms were great, nicely updated.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tarnold8200,

Thanks again for commenting on your stay with us in June of this year. Very happy that you enjoyed your stay and liked the meeting space we provided for your group. We hope that you will come back again to see us.....business or pleasure!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Wonderful stay at the Renaissance. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is very friendly. The location can't be beat as it is right at Westgate a great place to dine and play and shopping at the Tanger Outlet is just steps away. This is a great place whether visiting for business or pleasure. The pool is wonderful. The staff is very friendly!

I enjoy staying there and look forward to a stay there this weekend!

Room Tip: I like to have a balcony especially in the fall.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sherina A,

Thanks again for your comments about your stay at our hotel. Glad you liked everything and we look forward to serving you when you come back to visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here during a business trip. Had room service 3 times - breakfast twice and one dinner. Service was fast and professional and the food was great. The room is comfortable - great bed and very clean bathroom. The only thing is that the cable service was spotty and some channels would not show up. However I was able to find lots to watch on what was available. I am not sure if there is internet provided because I did not even have the chance to use my computer. I wish I had time to use the spa but I did get to use the indoor pool. The water was very cold at first but got used to it quickly. They also have an outdoor pool which was pretty warm, given Phoenix temperatures. There is a small workout facility as well. The hotel is also within walking distance of several stores, restaurants, the hockey arena, and the football stadium. Great site for business or family trips.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the higher floors and on the football stadium side - great views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
TodayIsaGift,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will definitely be sharing this with the entire team and hope the next time you stay with us that you will have an opportunity to try our Day Spa!

Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I sincerely hope Thaddeus will continue to play at the Renaissance. He has a large following of regulars who will always be there because he is so much fun!!! He is a great entertainer and knows how to get the crowd up and dancing. The west side of town has very few venues for a fun night out with dancing so please keep the fun at the Renaissance with Thaddeus!!!

The venue itself is beautiful with a large dance floor and we had excellent service and wonderful food!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Barbara M,

We are glad that you enjoyed the entertainment from Thaddeus the other night in Soleil. We look forward to bringing him back as well as other entertainers on a regular basis. We hope that you will continue to come support our efforts for entertainment in the West Valley!

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Thaddeus Rose and his music brought a new level to the west side of town...a ton of fun and outstanding music should continue to fill your great hotel! A gem just landed on your front door, from the crowds reaction this band is a keeper who will bring out the best in your Super Bowl fans and fans well before the event!

Stayed June 2014
Yogadivamama,

Thanks for taking the time to respond back to you recent experience at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the entertainment we provided and we look forward to having Thaddeus back as well as other entertainment for you to see.