“Pricey but nice.”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Amarillo, texas
“Pricey but nice.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

If you are attending football or hockey this location is excellent for a short stay. Rooms are very comfortable and service was good not fantastic. Conceirge room was outstanding. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
dady8tor,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay at the Renaissance. We appreciate the feedback and if you have anything else you can suggest we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know...

Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for the Fiesta Bowl. What a great location. The hotel was well maintained, the staff very helpful and the concierge lounge great. If you are going to the stadium, I can't recommend this place enought

Room Tip: Stay on the concierge level.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank boydpc
boydpc,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We hope that you will come back and let us host you again.

Tucson
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stay at the Renaissance 12/28/13-12/30/13. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and the service was excellent, a lot has changed in 8 months. First the valet was inexperienced, took a little bit to get him to understand we were checking in and wanted to valet our car. We got to our room and everything was fine. That night I pre-order breakfast via the room service sheet that you leave hanging on your door. They delivered the breakfast a little earlier than I requested, and they did forget my special request for a small bowl of sugar, but they redeem themselves by correcting it without hesitation. Housekeeping sucked!!! When we came back to our room on 12/29 around 7:30pm our room still had trash, dirty glasses, and the room service tray in it. It looked like they just gave us some clean towels and made the bed, and nothing else. I know they have a checklist, guess they didn't follow it that day. Called the front desk and they did apologize and brought up the some refills for our coffee bar. We took the trash and the room service tray and put it outside our door ourselves. The icing on the cake happen at 8:20am on the day we were checking out (Check-Out is 11:00am), housekeeping knock on our door, and attempted to enter the room, we were still sleeping, if it wasn't for the security latch, all hell would have broke loose!!!
Normally I wouldn't be so picky, but we paid $235.00 (room + valet parking) a night, you should expect better service for that price. We just stayed at the Octavius Tower (Laurel Collection) at the Caesars Palace for least than what we spent here, with top notch service. Next time we will stay at Hampton's Inn & Suites they are cheaper, and at least we may get, what we paid for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gdreams
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Gdreams,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us here at the Renaissance. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay, but I assure you that I will share this information with our Housekeeping and Food and Beverage department so they can address it with our staff. Again, we appreciate your feedback as this only makes us better. We hope that we have another opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed December 22, 2013

$210 got us a room when the hotel was empty. In addition, $10 a day for parking, $13 a day for WiFi, separate charge to use the fridge, the in room whirlpool is worthless (the jets barely turn), reservations promised a bottle of wine for their mess up in scheduling our visit and local management refused, automatic 22% delivery fee if anything brought to your room (including towels), in room coffee carries its own cost, breakfast is not included, the included bathrobes that come with the room, are delivered by request only (22% fee applies), the bathroom was disgusting including dust and mold behind the doors and in between the tiles. The heater/ac didn't work and only blew air, both tv's reminded me of rabbit ears, you would have to move and hit the tv for a clear signal, even then there was still white noise, no free local calls.. bottom line, nothing is free, you pay al la carte for everything. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ramada hotel 10 minutes up the road, $50 a night, newly renovated, highly recommend any motel 6 over...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 7592601
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
7592601,

First of all let me start by saying thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. Information like this helps us better in the future for our guests. I will be spending time with the appropriate departments in regards to your comments in regards to your stay and make sure that we follow up with our people.

As far as the other charges, your are correct that we do charge for parking, wifi and local calls. I do know in some limited service properties that there is no charge for this but for instance the parking garage is a city owned garage that we happen to be next to, so there is a fee for this. I will definitely check into the 22% for your towel deliveries...this should not be happening, however; we do have the service charge cost for anything that does come through room service, which is a standard charge in all full service hotels.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again and giving us another chance to meet all of your expectations.

Sarasota
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've stayed there for two nights on business. NO complaints at all. First, I was able to park out front and check in and dump my bags in my room with no issues leaving my rental out front. That's big! Check-in was flawless and my room was great, with a great bed, nice bathroom, and a balcony facing west. Only issue, it's dead around there if there's no ball game.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
FBINA,

Thank you so much for your kind comments on your stay with the hotel. Please let us know the next time you are coming in and we can have you speak to our Navigator about events and activities happening around the hotel and in the Glendale area!

As always....safe travels!
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We booked this hotel without knowing which hotel we'd get through Priceline.com. Although we did get the hotel at a significant discount, I was honestly surprised at the 4 star rating.
Not to say the hotel wasn't clean… it was. The staff seemed friendly enough. We didn't ask for anything extra, so only dealt with them at check in and check out.
But… the walls were very thin. We didn't realize, having not been to this area before, that this was a big sporting area and we were around on a game weekend. So, the people who were neighboring us came in late, and we were continually woken up by doors slamming, people talking, water running, and *ahem* even some intimacy. Totally NOT what I want to hear when I'm staying at a 4 star hotel. I would hope that the walls would be thick enough for SOME privacy, for all people concerned.
I also was surprised to learn that this hotel had a $10 parking fee, considering it borders right on a shopping mall with free parking. We did pull into the parking lot, which had the ability to have the gate arm go up and down, but all times we went in and out both the entrance and exit arms were opened and we still got charged the $10 per night fee. There's also big groups of young people walking around, and we didn't ever notice any security for the hotel parking garage. Kind of iffy, if you ask me.
So, yeah. We won't be staying here again. If we were sports fans, maybe. But still, not our scene. Need better privacy, and paying for parking on the "honor system" is totally lame.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurenandmatt
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
laurenandmatt,

Thank you so much for your feedback during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it only improves us taking care of you...the guest. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the walls in the hotel and the parking garage is actually city owned. We are just fortunate to be attached to it. I will definitely address the parking garage information with my other managers and see what kind of options are available.

Again we appreciate your feedback and we hope that you would come try us again....safe travels.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights when visiting to see the Colts play the Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The location is perfect for going to the stadium or seeing a hockey game since Jobing.com arena is even closer. There is also the Westgate area for any type of dining that you may desire within walking distance in addition to the Tanger Outlet Mall. The hotel parking was easy to find therefore did not have to use valet. Parking is $10 per night which I think is very reasonable compared to other places when I've stayed during a football weekend. The hotel is nice and welcoming. There was live music on both Friday and Saturday nights in the lobby. My room was well equipped with the exception of the tv. I had a double king room with a balcony but the tv was tiny for the size of the room. Room was quiet and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd definitely recommend staying here. I would've given 5 stars if the tv had been an appropriate size.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Whippetguy,

Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I'm glad you had an opportunity not only enjoy our hotel but the area surroundings. I have forwarded your comments about the size of our TV's in the room to our General Manager for review. We appreciate the feedback as it only makes us better to hear what our customers are saying...

We hope that you will stay with us again....safe travels!