“Beautiful Hotel...Looks Brand New.”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Auburn, California
“Beautiful Hotel...Looks Brand New.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights while attending an event in the hotel conference area. The employees were great, the place looks band new, and the indoor and outdoor pools are super for any weather. Additionally, the A/C in the room was 'quiet' and the food quality and prices at the lobby bar were great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
1947-Ford

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us! We hope that you will come back soon and keep us up to date on how your next stay is!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We recently attended a conference in Phoenix and were very pleased with the hotel and the staff. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had several thousand people in the hotel and they went above and beyond. There is an Outlet mall in walking distance as well as several restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shani93
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Shani93,

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your stay. We hope that you will make it back for the 2014 annual conference!
Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great hotel in a great location. An outlet mall one way (walking distance) - restaurants and nightly entertainment the other way (walking distance). Loved the location. The hotel is always hoping with people! All staff were friendly except one blond front desk person just always seemed like she was in a hurry to get rid of the people at the desk. The rooms could use a refresh, however. They are the striped oranges put into some Marriotts almost 6 years ago. Otherwise great property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
FamOf9,,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come stay with us again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 because of a concert we were seeing at Jobing.com Arena, which is literally next door. So convenience of a short walk made this hotel a given. It's the only hotel within walking distance so it is a busy place. The hotel itself is nice, updated and clean. Staff was friendly and seemed willing to accommodate our needs although staying only one night we didn't have many requests. Check in was quick and easy. They offer valet but we chose to self park in the adjacent parking garage. Just watch for staff to ask where to go as there is no clear signs and we wandered before finding someone to point us in the right direction. Only drawback is the $10/day parking fee! Didn't see the necessity in that since we were staying at the hotel. It's also a public parking garage and I could see gouging people that way but not guests! We had requested a room with a balcony which they told us was not available. After explaining that I notated this when booking, one magically appeared. Our room was clean and modern. After getting settled, I checked email only to find internet access costs $12.95/day! Unbelievable. They get you everywhere. There may be WIFI in some of the shops and restaurants that are steps away but I didn't notice. The beds were comfortable but if you like pillows, bring your own. They only have a couple less-than-standard sized feather pillows per bed. I take my own everywhere since this seems to be pretty normal at mid-level hotels. The bathrooms were clean and nice with new fixtures. Although there was a black hair in our tub, there were no issues with the bathroom. It came with plenty of towels, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc. Hot water immediately when turning on faucet. There isn't much a view from this hotel but I imagine no one is going there for the view but it was fun people watching after the concert as everyone was leaving. The pool area was clean and well stocked with towels. Nice big pool, lots of chairs/loungers, clean/private bathrooms. Cabanas available. There is an indoor lap pool too. Didn't use it but a nice workout facility with a variety of machines. There is a little convenience store inside with fresh pastries, yogurt and fruit, Starbucks coffee, sodas and water. They also have a variety of snacks and convenient breakfast items. Be prepared to overpay! Paid $6 for a bag of goldfish, fruit snacks and a juice. Coffee was good in the morning though as the coffee in the room was terrible! Didn't have the opportunity to check out the spa service but it sure smelled nice walking past :-). The "mall" next door was nice for our event. Lots of restaurants to choose from (we ate at Margaritaville) but very active and lively place. Music blaring well past 2a.m. we could hear from our balcony but it wasn't disturbing in our room. Overall we had a good experience. Everything was as expected being an event centered hotel.

Room Tip: There are limited balcony rooms so request upon booking as well as checking in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
crews95

Thank you very much for your thurough review of our hotel! We appreciate all the feedback and will share this with all our departments here. We hope that you will come stay with us agian soon!
TEXAS
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything about this place is just lovely. The service was great, the mall next door is amazing, the rooms are beautiful. The only complaint I had is the business center in the hotel sucks. There are only two non functioning computers and two black and white printers that don't work well. For the level of everything else here, please upgrade your business center. The toiletries are awesome- Aveda brand shampoo and conditioner. Loved my stay!

• Stayed May 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
TEXASXFILES

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay at the hotel. I have passed on all your positive feedback to our departments and will definitely look into the challenges with the computers in the business center. I know this is not a common practice to have these machines down, so for this we do appologize. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference that was being held at the hotel. It was such a pleasant stay that I wished I could be there longer!

The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming upon my arrival. The lobby and check in area is gorgeous, with the marble floors and modern décor, fountains, seating areas and bar.
My hotel room was fantastic! I had a nice comfortable king sized bed and sofa in my room, along with a fridge, microwave, HUGE bathroom and shower area. I read some reviews where people complained about the ‘southwestern’ décor, but this is Phoenix! I thought it was tastefully decorated and totally appropriate. My room had a nice balcony where I could sit outside and drink my coffee in the morning.

The pool area was also fabulous. When I arrived on Sunday, I out on my swimsuit and headed out to the pool. There was plenty of seating, and the bar had a nice variety of beverages to choose from. I went for a margarita, which was a little small for the $9 price tag. We spent our lunch breaks at the pool and I have to say that just an hour a day in that hot Phoenix sun was plenty to get a great tan going!

I used the fitness room during my stay, and it was great! It was ell equipped with everything I needed to get a good workout. I also went running in the mall and restaurant strip around the hotel, and it was a perfectly safe area to run in.

The hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating during the conference. The catered meals were nicely done, with great food and a nice presentation. The meeting rooms were comfortable and well equipped to suit our needs.

The courtyard area around the restaurant and bar was a great place to sit in the evening and unwind after a long day of meeting.

We did eat dinner at Soliel two nights during our stay, and the meals were excellent both times. Service was a bit slow, and a few of my colleagues who ordered dinner from the bar were treated a little rudely by the bar staff. However, the restaurant wait staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The location was also nice. It was in a great area, close to shopping and restaurants. It was about a 30 minute drive to the airport, but the limo service was very efficient and prompt about providing transportation.

Overall, I can’t recommend this hotel enough! I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
MeLissa B,

Thank you so much for your comments on your hotel stay! We are very fortunate to provide a quality product from our ownership and we are glad you received great service during your stay! I will definitely pass all your comments to every department to make sure they see all your comments. Thanks again for taking the time to post, please come back and see us soon!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for five nights on business and also used their conference rooms. We had to shoot a video in one and it wasn't perfect for that purpose. They dealt with our weird requests like "Can you shut down the HVAC system here and do it now now now" fairly promptly and with a smile, even though they were confused by why the heck we would ask to kill the AC in the Phoenix heat (because it kills our sound when it randomly kicks on and off).
Guest rooms were spotless and comfortable but cookie cutter and get four stars. They were pretty great even by frequent biz traveler standards. Comfortable work space, good wifi, etc. Can't think of anything to complain about in the rooms over a five night stay. And the Aveda toiletries are always a nice bonus.
Two annoying things - The pool is kid city or as some would say "family friendly", so if you're looking for a relaxing hour by the pool with a drink and a book, get ready to dodge beach balls and splashes from running groups of pre-teen boys. But the pool certainly is huge and gorgeous.
Restaurant service S-L-O-W but friendly, even if I drop New York standards The food is just so so. You won't starve, but you won't enjoy it much either, especially after five days of every meal there during a conference.
This place adjoins some kind of giant outdoor mall/entertainment center with a decent variety of forgettable chains, bars and outlet stores but its in the suburbs so I really didn't expect much on the good places to eat/entertainment front...

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms overlooking the pool are loud during the day/lots of families and screaming kids a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
AJG312,

Thank you for taking the time of responding on your stay wtih the hotel for five days. I will share your comments with the appropriate departments about all aspects of your stay and make sure that they are discussed in efforts to improve every aspect of our guests stay. We appreciate your feedback as this makes us better to serve you! We hope that we have a chance to have you stay at our hotel soon.