“Stayed Over A holiday Weekend. Amazing!”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

As a platinum member I was upgraded to a corner suite on the floor with the lounge. Amazing room at a great rate for Easter weekend. Great location. Walking distance to an outlet mall and an entertainment and dining complex. The valet seemed fairly non-existent while I was there so I'm glad I opted to self park.

• Stayed: March 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Taniaw78

Thank you for your response in regards to your stay over Easter. We appreciate the feedback in regards to the valet service. I will be sure to speak with them in regards to their staffing levels.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located in Glendale, AZ. The Westgate shopping area is just next door (walking!) and it has so much. From nightlife, bars & restaurants, you wont need a cab. Plus, if youre there for baseball, there's a trolley that will take you to Camelback Ranch - for just a tip to the driver. Saved a ton of $$ by not having to take a cab every day or even rent a car!

The hotel itself is beautiful...the pool has a small outdoor bar that has food, drinks etc. If for some reason its not open, you can still order food/drinks from the restaurant/bar inside and they will deliver to you poolside. There are a few cabanas for no charge, but they are first come first serve. The complimentary breakfast buffet we received was adequate - Im not a big breakfast person myself, but if you enjoy a good breakfast, this would hit the spot. Ive stayed here the last 2 times Ive visited, and wouldnt stay anywhere else. Staff is also helpful & friendly. If you need to go somewhere that requires a cab, they will have one there for you with in minutes. It is a bit pricey, but given the money we saved on cabs, it was well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

ErinkK1,

Thank yoiu for your kind remarks on your stay with us druing Spring Training! We are fortunate to have you the last couple of years and hope that we will see you again next year if not sooner!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. This is a very nice hotel with an excellent location. It is next to University of Phoenix Stadium, Jobing Arena, Westgate (an area of shops, restaurants, and several bars), outlet stores, and a Cabelas store. It is also very convenient to several baseball spring training venues on the west side of Phoenix. The property itself is a fairly standard Renaissance Hotel. The rooms are a nice size and the beds are always comfortable, affording a good night's sleep, and that, of course, is expected in a good hotel. I was there the Friday before St Patrick's Day, so there was extra noise this visit. I still was able to sleep. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I am sure I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve your room well ahead for sporting events at the stadium and Jobing Center. The wait for a t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

WVDan,

Thank you so much for your comments on the hotel and your stay! We hope that we have the pleasure of having you back with us soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I got a bargain price for this hotel. I enjoyed the pool, there was a dj and the lady bartender was just awesome. I wish the djs didnt leave at 4, that was a buzz kill. Haha for a marriott, my room was small but couldnt really complain with the price i got it for. I am BIG on cleanliness, i was not pleased with the dirty ice bucket cover and inside, it had hair...sure theres plastic for the ice bucket...but thats not an excuse...i went ahead and used by cup to get ice-i could live with that. Other than that, im very satisfied. Will stay again for a bargain---will not pay over $200 for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Vlayson,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I will definintely share your cleanliness comments with our Housekeeping department as this makes us better as a hotel for our guests and future stays.

We hope that when you travel to Glendale that you stay with us again....Thank you!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very nice hotel with an exceptionally customer friendly and supportive staff. The staff went out of their way to meet all of my needs. I was there on business, but felt at home. Right next to the Stadium and Hockey arena....but not much else out there. If I was visiting that area, I would certainly stay here again. One detraction..no free wi-fi, evn for Mariott Rewards members.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Patio...they are nice..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

91942,

Thanks for commenting on your stay with us here at the hotel. We hope that you come back again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Renaissance for a fun run in the area. The location was perfect for us. The hotel offers nothing extra- no free wifi, no free breakfast. But the rooms are nice. We stayed on the stadium side so it was a bit noisy at night (on a Friday night). Rooms were clean. It is right next door to the stadium and all the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Caznally,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and stay with us again.

Allan

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I attended a conference held at hotel. Normally this hotel would be out of my price range, but since the conference was there I could justify the cost and not rent a car. The hotel itself was very nice and comfortable (although I would not call it luxurious). The staff were friendly enough and helpful. I did not try the spa, but the large exercise room was very good with a wide selection of weights and machines. The hotel is located right next to the ice arena and close to the stadium. There are many restaurants within walking distance in a shopping area in front of the arena. Since there were no games or concerts going on during my stay, it was weirdly empty.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

FluviaMan,

Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel. You are right that we are in a unique location with all of the sporting facilities around us, as well as the Westgate Entertainment District and Tanger Outlet Mall. Hopefully you had a chance to visit these places since we did not have any sporting events happening the time of your stay. We appreciate the feedback and hope that you come back to see us again.