Stayed here for an event at the Jobing.com arena. What an incredibly convenient location. The arena is in the middle of a quaint little area with a choice of restaurants/bars/some shops. The hotel charged $10/night for parking but didn't realize until after the charge was on my bill that anyone else was parking for free until it was closer to the concert. There is no one collecting money and the gate remained open. Seems it should be the other way around-"waive" the fee for hotel guests instead of for everyone not staying at the hotel!
The lobby area/bar/courtyard area were nice and inviting. It was set up well with plenty of places to sit as a group so it encouraged socializing. Some hotels "look" nice but this one looked nice AND was designed to be functional. At night the fire pit and outside heaters were really nice and again. Encouraged people to be out if their rooms which as a business, is a smart move since it made ordering from the bar, convenient.
The room. I expected more. I have always equated a Renaissance hotel with something more luxurious, more top end than mediocre. The decor was, well...bizarre. It definitely didn't promote rest and relaxation. The hotel in general consisted of the same orange/red/yellow 1970's theme. The room was a mash up of these colors with horizontal, vertical, plaids, wavy patterns. Even the pictures on the wall were conflicted with the exception of the same colors. It reminded me of " garanimals" of the 70's that allowed kids to always be able to match their clothes. The carpet was dingy; waves and all. The bedspread was worn and starting to fray. The bathroom was certainly fine but it's just the attention to details that separates hotels from being a 4 or 5 star rating. The cheap soap holder in the shower was drilled into the granite tile....crooked. In order for it to work, one of the holes was exposed and still it was crooked. Paint was clearly of lesser quality as it didn't cover evenly or else it was only one coat. The tv was exceptionally small.
The staff were friendly but not very helpful with information of where to go in Glendale. I did not see or hear of a concierge although it looked like there was a separate area for one. Overall it was a decent place but it was clear where the corners were cut to save money. Would I stay here again? Maybe but it would be based on location not quality of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa is a luxury hotel in Glendale, Arizona offering 320 guest rooms including 46 suites. Our hotel, spa and conference center provides 'Everything Under the Sun' for guests visiting Glendale for play, work or mind and body rejuvenation. Our accommodations are contemporary with splashes of desert decor, offering spacious areas for sleeping and living as well as amazing opportunities for on-site dining. We give guests an ideal location from which to do business in or explore the Glendale-Phoenix area. Located near Westgate City Center, the University of Phoenix and sports arenas, Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa is a perfectly located hotel that offers easy access to the best Arizona destinations including restaurants, entertainment and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Glendale Hotel And Spa
- Renaissance Glendale Hotel Glendale
- Glendale Renaissance