“Close to stadium & outdoor nightlife”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Close to stadium & outdoor nightlife”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for the 1st Cardinals game of the season & couldn't have picked a better location to do so. The stadium is right behind the hotel, so me & my mom walked. Right across the hotel parking lot is West Gate, which has a variety of outdoor bars/restaurants, shops and a gigantic AMC movie theatre. At night there is a live band that plays from 6:30pm-9:30pm. It was soo great & the weather was even better. You won't find many people outside during the day, being as it gets really hot, but loads of people came out at night. As for the room, it was clean, big bathroom and had a flat screen tv. Being a renaissance though, I would had expected more. There's a big balcony which is fun to sit out, especially when the crowds are coming in for the game, you can oversee the whole West Gate crowd. There's a Botanica spa downstairs & the lady at the front desk is suppperrr nice! Nicer than the front desk staff at the hotel! I got my hair done there & a pedicure, not too spendy either :) The hotel has a nice bar downstairs and their buffet breakfast at the Soleil restaurant is to DIE FOR!! OMG sooo yummy! I also got to sit out by the pool which was nice in the 9am 100degree weather. At the pool you can also order poolside food & drinks, but I unfortunately didn't take advantage of this. Overall, I do plan on staying here again, because from what I saw there's not too much else around. Go Cardinals!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Sorry Dms1977! I was there for the anime convention with my daughter.This was a more rowdy crowd than usual. Not usually too bad, don't let them scare you away next time!
I was highly impressed with the check in service, 3 lines of 20+ people, and front desk handled it quickly efficiently and with a smile! Upgraded to king suite which was an incredible room. Huge, two workstations, and a generous number of electric outlets. Comfy bed of course! Room at the end of the corridor, but still could hear the exit door to stairs slam, but I think can disregard that because it was only due to the heavy stair usage because of the jammed elevators because of the convention. Also a fair amount of noise from the pool, I could hear it through the bedroom window, but pool closed at decent time, so not a problem. Kristina at the bar was awesome and fun! Look for her! One odd thing was that the outside bar was closed early, around 3 pm, when no one was outside due to the heat. But later, people there, but bar closed and you have to go inside to the cafe for towels. Then, return them later, passing dirty towels across the same counter they serve food. I did talk to someone about this, and the food and beverage manager was going to address it. I understand then need to have some kind of a checkout system to prevent theft, but this one is not too appetizing!
Even with the huge crowds, I felt everyone on staff was happy and helpful. Housekeeping quick and efficient, valet guys smiling and happy, bar staff great, front desk awesome. The pool is huge, nice mix of sun and shade, spa area is the biggest I've ever seen. Very enjoyable. Also has indoor lap pool. Did not use the fitness center, but it looked very well equipped.

Room Tip: The parking garage is quite a trek, so you may want to use valet parking if you have a mobility issu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We meant to have a quiet getaway over Labor Day weekend. Instead, we show up and there was a animation conference with 3,000 people dressed in consumes crawling all over the hotel. The hotel was unapologetic and gave terrible service while we were checking in when we asked what was going on (I mean you see thousands of people in costume and you want to know what's up!). Their website never mentioned this event was occurring or we would never of booked this hotel. The elevators were so full with costumed folks you couldn't get on. They also left trash and pizza boxes in all the halls. They occupied all the lobby, bar, hallway spaces... And they were having loud parties in the room all night. It was a loud, dirty, not relaxing, awful trip.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Dms1977
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dms1977

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay over Labor Day. I have meet with our team at the hotel and we are currently working on an events calendar to put on our website so that our guests can see what is happening in the area. Whether it be a specific type of conference, sporting event, or concert next door, our guests will have an understanding on what is happening around them.

We hope that we have another opportunity to serve you and hope to see you soon. Thank you for the feedback.
North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a fairy new property, and it shows. It still has the new feel, and it is located in an area that not long ago was probably farmland. Once the NFL stadium and hockey arena were built, this area gradually began to grow, and this hotel is in the middle of it all. It is across the street from an entertainment complex with restaurants, bars, and movie theater complex. An outlet center is going up next door. So while still a bit "out there" there isn't a lack of things to do.

The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The pool was very nice, large, with a fair amount of lounge chairs. There are some cabanas behind the pool bar. The fitness center was also good, with a nice variety of machines and equipment available. There is a spa on site, but I didn't use it.

Things weren't perfect, however. The wifi seemed spotty, as in my room signal strength was very poor/nonexistent. Self parking is $10/day, which seems high when there are no events going on. And given the number of bars next door, closing time may result in some noise.

The room itself was typical Renaissance: great bed, nice amenities, and they even had turn-down service. It's a good, solid property, and while I don't get to the west valley often I would absolutely stay here again, especially if I was going to a football or hockey game.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed Friday night of NFL game (Cardinals / Raiders). 7th floor room with King bed and view to the east of Westgate and jobing.com arena. With all the events of the night, our room seems nicely sheltered from the outside and the hallways seemed rather peaceful too. Located quck walks to both sproting facilities, a great reason to stay here. Check in and pay $10 per day for parking garage when event is on and you have a nice deal there too. AAA rate was nice savings. Ask for a room at end of the hall (away from elevators and ice/vending room). They have balcony rooms though we did not - if interested ask for metal railed one, not concrete. Busy lobby bar (we did not use) big TV in area too. Nice looking gym and 2 pools - (1 indoor/1 outdoor). We'd return for convenient place to stay or crash out following an event. Westgate entertainment is right downstairs with many bar/food options.

Room Tip: End or hallways. Higher Floors. This maxes your quiet quotient.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Willis, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family spent 1 night here while traveling from California to Texas. The hotel was nice, beds were comfortable and the location was fantastic. We were pleased that the hotel has parking garage because we were moving my daughter from California to Texas and we we had a lot of her belongings in car. There is an nice selection of restaurants in walking distance of hotel. Overall, very nice stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank friofrio
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were disappointed after staying for 5 nights. Every single night we had to call down and ask for towels or shampoo or coffee or all of the above. When we first got there, there were 3sets of towels. I was thrilled. Second night 1. Third night 1. Fourth night, we got back to the room at 6:30 pm and our room haden't even been cleaned yet. I called down and was told that the housekeeping staff had til 6pm to clean the "stay over" rooms....I said it was 6:30 ( LOL ) she said oh, I'll call them to come right up. So I ended up leaving the room so the lady could clean the room..not exactly what I wanted to do but....anyway, when I got back, there was no coffee,no creamer, no stir sticks and no Wash cloths or bath mat. It was just frustrating.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business