“Perfect Oasis in the heart of Arizona”
Review of Gas Light Inn

Gas Light Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Glendale B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this boutique hotel on many occasions since it re-opened (after 2010.) The new owners have refinished the interior, top to bottom. The antique appointments are carefully combined with high quality mattresses and flat screen TV.s Central Air cooling systems work very well in all the rooms (I have stayed in several different rooms.)

The location is unbeatable and unique - in the heart of old-town Glendale; just a few miles away from the major sports facilities (Football stadium, baseball.)

Most of the rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves, however the innkeeper is very accommodating and all of my needs have been met during every one of my (over a dozen) stays in the past two years.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and has its own appeal. North-facing rooms may be cooler in the summer, these a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
TeresaO633, Owner at Gas Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. For small businesses, it is our wonderful loyal guests like you that really make a difference.
Thank you again for choosing GasLight Inn for your accommodations & also for support local, small business.
Teresa

There are newer reviews for Gas Light Inn

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Gaslight Inn. I booked this over the Valentine's Weekend as a Christmas present for my wife. We passed this building in historic dowtown Glendale fairly often and she ooohed and ahhhed over it every time so when new owners took over and rennovated the place, I jumped at the chance to book a weekend stay. First, the highlights:

1. Newly rennovated, but kept some of the historic building appeal. Some of the decor and items were clearly done on the cheap, but that's not unexpected considering the neigborhood. Overall, t was pretty well put together.
2. They have an attached beer and wine bar with a great menu!
3. As a B&B, the breakfast was actually made to order and very good.
4. They were accomodating and friendly.
5. Room was immaculate in terms of cleanliness. Very important!
6. On Friday night, they had live music.

The few cons:
1. Location. It's not their fault, but downtown Glendale was pretty dead for a holiday weekend. However, this was somewhat of a plus as we were able to get right in at La Piazza al Forno (a must try wood fire pizza place a block away), Haus Murphy (Bavarian Pretzel and great beer), and even get in some shopping at Caitlin Court and the other local shops.
2. A little unorganized. It really is a one man, or woman in this case, show. When we arrived, the parking situation was uncertain, and the one person who could check us in wasn't there yet. Not a big deal since we could sit at the bar and have a drink while we waited, but that doesn't instill a ton of confidence in a place either.

TL;DR Good for a couple enjoying a weekend staycation or into historic places. Not a huge nightlife scene if that's your thing, but a fun, fresh, and friendly place to spend a weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential, which was spacious and inviting. There is one larger room (I believe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spent two nights in this lovely inn. The period wardrobe (4' tall) was no match for the formal attire I needed to hang, but in every other way, the room was generously and elegantly furnished. There is a nice variety of choices at the full breakfast in the dining room, and other meals and libations are available as well. Teresa was graciously accommodating in arranging a taxi to the airport for me at departure.

I was there over a weekend, and there was live music in the dining room until 10pm on Fri and Sat, which is fun if you appreciate live music. If you prefer quiet, it settles down promptly at 10, and I suspect is quieter on other nights of the week.

I heartily recommend the Gas Light Inn, especially for a small group (10 rooms total).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was the first wedding shower I experienced in the USA since moving here from the UK. Gaslight Inn reminded me of all the home comforts from England. The staff were friendly and the food was excellent. Everything was home made and fresh, even the coffee was good....

We had high tea and it was just perfect. Scones with jam and cream, cucumber sandwiches,mini quiche, fresh fruit, cakes and hot tea.What a great venue and beautifully presented.
I would recommend this place to anybody having a private function.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We checked out the Gas Light, as it has started to generate some buzz and we were looking for a better late Sunday breakfast experience (which would not require an hour wait). Pleasently surprised by the quality and the reasonbale prices. We tried the house breakast skillet which included has browns, veggies and choice of bacon / sausage topped by a couple eggs (cooked nicely to order) and well-executed hollandaise, accompanied by toast and huge mugs of deliciously roasted coffee. They would benefit by a more obvious indication that the dining room is indeed open and serving breakast. Only our determination to check out the property overcame the inclination to scoot, at first. Very glad we stayed, and we'll be back. Speaking of the property, check out the ginormous, luxurious honeymoon suite - incredble bargain and location for $145.00 a night!

Room Tip: Only saw the honeymoon suite, but a great venue for a party after a hard day of antiquing! The adjac...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights during Glendale Glitters festivities in this charming inn and were duly impressed. Immaculately clean, comfortable beds, good coffee, delicious breakfasts and a super location for antiquing, boutique shopping and enjoying good food and wine. The new owners are committed to creating a comfortable atmosphere for your stay, dining and enjoying wine and beer; highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are noisy for those who retire early (during events).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timpat123
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great place to stay when visiting relatives! Rather than stay with my sister while visiting last week, I decided to stay the 3 nights somewhere close to her and this was the closest and very reasonable. It is in Old Towne Glendale near shops, antiques, great food, and the Inn was perfect and created a wonderful experience for my visit - not something I expected.

A few items specifically: extremely reasonable rates, which includes a full breakfast; very clean and well maintained; excellent service by the staff; Teresa, one of the owners was extremely hospitable; the bed and pillows were very comfortable and good quality (important to me!); the breakfast was made to order with 3 selections to choose from each morning; next door is the OTG Wine Bar (owned by the same), which was great to stop in and enjoy a glass of wine after visiting the family and before turning in.

I was traveling alone and felt very safe (the inn-keeper is on premises all night).
I had a delightful visit - saw family during the day, and had some privacy and explored the area in the mornings and evenings.

I'd recommend this Inn highly if you want a unique experience. I tire of sterile (and far more expensive), chain hotels and really enjoyed the individual personality of the Gas Light Inn. I stayed downstairs in one of the lesser expensive rooms, but after Teresa showed me the upstairs suites and rooms, I would absolutely opt for upstairs and a little more money (not a lot though) next time. The downstairs back room I stayed in (The Gala - which someone else on this post had recommended) was well furnished (all rooms with antiques), and was quiet on the alley, but because of being on the alley don't really have a window (a glass block windoes does create some light but maintains privacy). The upstairs rooms had windows, were more spacious and beautifully furnished. Frequently website pictures look better than the real thing - I actually found the reverse here. I think the rooms (including mine), look better than the pictures portray.

I'll absolutely be back here when I visit my sister again and could see it also as a great place to stay for Spring Training.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter off the street. Upstairs are roomier though with nice windows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo