“Haus Murphy's”

Cuisines: German, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really enjoyed eating at Haus Murphy's both inside and outside on the patio. The food was great and the staff was very nice.

There are newer reviews for Haus Murphy's

Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the few German restaurants in Phoenix , and a good one. However, servicer at lunch could be faster.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Paprika schnitzel was tasty but the real winner was the cabbage. Creamed, red or sauerkraut - wow- each different but yummy!!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Asked what restaurant you would like to celebrate your big "ending in zero" birthday, our friend Jerry, answered: Haus Murphy's! Located in down town Glendale, AZ, we had a wonderful meal. Great food! Great ambiance! It was the Saturday night before Christmas so it was very busy however the drinks, and food came out in a very timely manner. Bradford, our waiter, was GREAT! What a funny guy! And a great waiter. There was festive live music being playing through out the restaurant. This is one of the best restaurants in the Valley of the Sun in our opinion. As an added benefit Glendale has a wonderful festive and exciting event happening before Christmas. With the thousands of people attending the event and walking around, we felt very safe. Thank you Rosie for a GREAT meal and a WONDERFUL time had by our birthday friend, Jerry!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visit Glendale regularly, but my adult daughter and I found ourselves free from our relatives who tend to prefer chain restaurants. We went downtown to see the lights and try to find somewhere to eat. We stumbled across this place and were encouraged by the menu and that Guy Fieri highlighted this restaurant on his show.

It was crowded despite the cool and wet weather and sat at the bar. We had a very good dinner here. We liked the atmosphere and the relaxed pace of service suited our mood. The bar offered a good selection of things to drink, including some interesting looking cocktails.

I had the Sauerbraten, one of the dishes Guy had on the show. My dish had sauerbraten, red cabbage and spaetzel presented very simply. The meat was tender and tasty. The red cabbage was pretty much standard but the spaetzel was plain and almost tasteless. There was enough sauce to doctor it up. The portion was average.

My daughter had pasta with a Bolognese sauce which was excellent - how funny to find such a good Italian sauce in a German restaurant. Her portion was a good size.

For dessert we tried a slice of the sauerkraut chocolate cake, which was large and delicious. We were told that the sauerkraut kept the cake moist.

All in all, we enjoyed our dinner very much. While not the best German food I've ever had, it was good enough to bring me back next time I'm in town.