“Word of mouth...”

Add it.
The Australian
Cuisines: American, Australian
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My friend had been here 3 times and loved it ! Order the duck-fries. And the Torres burger. Great food. We liked the $3 Mimosas, Bloody Marys... Good sized place with plenty of TVs, couple of pool tables. The place has 'regulars' as well. I'll be back.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The newspaper review was mostly positive. We arrived at about 1:30pm Friday. The place was large and mostly empty. It took a while before anyone came to our booth. My wife had the boneless chicken wings which she said were very good. I had the special of the day: fish and chips. I was disappointed because the breaded cod was almost entirely breading. The chips were OK and the coleslaw was passable. So, we decided that more than likely we will not return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We've been to The Australian several times since opening a couple of months ago and it keeps getting better with each visit.

The owners took over this location, which previously housed an Irish pub, and really cleaned up the place. Now it's bright and upscale feeling with a great menu that's a nice balance of really good bar food and Australian influenced dishes. You can tell that the emphasis in this place is on the food, but they have two bars that have a great variety of beer on tap and in the bottle, wine (several good Australian wines), and of course top shelf liquor. We've tried a couple of Australian made vodkas which were surprisingly good.

We've had the huge 9 ounce burger, which is very juicy and cooked perfectly and topped in typical Australian fashion. I'd also recommend the fish tacos and give the kangaroo sliders a try! They're pretty tasty. The duck fat fries can come with 6 or 7 different sauces for dipping, or you can do like I do and put it on the burger, as well.

Since the owners are Australian, you get the sense that they're really trying to give you a taste Australia while still offering all the benefits of a great sports bar. TV's at every table, a huge non-smoking patio, friendly people, and a menu that the owners and the kitchen take seriously.

3  Thank Jcskinaz