“better than expected”

Mama Gina's Pizzeria
Ranked #180 of 573 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Family-owned and operated, our menu features something for everyone. Our pizza is thin crust, hand tossed and baked in a stone oven. Pizza by the slice options vary daily; try something new every day. In addition to our pizza, we also offer a kids menu and wings! If you want a lighter option, try one of our salads, including our classic Greek salad and our house salad. Whether you dine-in, carry-out or have your event catered, Mama Gina's will satisfy your cravings. Call or stop by today!
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After a Bruins / Coyotes game, my two friends and I were looking for a place to eat while the parking lot cleared out. We looked at several places but the lines were ten/fifteen deep...Mama Ginas had about five people so we waited and were seated in ten minutes while watching TV.

I ordered Buffalo wings -honey hot and they were cooked to perfection...slightly crisp...not greasy ..but moist and meaty better than BWW or Hooters ! My team mates had a fresh antipasto salad and buffalo chicken wrap ...all very fresh and tasty. Mama Gina's was better than expected. And ALL of the service staff were friendly and helpful. I'll BE BAACKKK!

1  Thank GuidoNM
Lisa K, Owner at Mama Gina's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

We're so happy we could impress you and your team back in March! It's great news that the wings were satisfying and that you got a chance to try our antipasto salad and wraps. We very much hope that you guys come in and visit us soon! It'd be our pleasure.

Take care,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The first sign was not feeling welcomed, the second sign was seeing ano other family upset over thier pizza being prepared wrong & lastly, it took 30 minutes to get three slices of pizza & an appetizer.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Mama Gina's is a great place for pizza and a game. The folks are friendly and food is great. The bartender is good for a chat in the late evening when things are slowing down. I highly recommend it for a visit after the game, while the parking lot clears!

Lisa K, Owner at Mama Gina's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Thank you for this! I know it's been a while since you left us this, but we very much hope you're still enjoying everything. Hope to see you soon for another game!

Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nothing to dislike here.Great food, reasonable prices, and an exceptionally helpful waitress too.
In the hot weather, she even refilled our drinks to take back to the hotel. (the hotel charged $3.00 for a bottle of water in your room)

Lisa K, Owner at Mama Gina's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Three bucks a bottle?! Outrageous! Glad we could send you away with those to-go drinks, especially in the heat. Hope your trip was nice, and we hope to see you back soon if you're ever in the area!

Best,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my family to Mama Gina's at Westgate located in Glendale AZ on April 28, 2013. My family and I have eaten at this location on several occasions and generally enjoy the food. We usually order the same thing every time we visit which is the 16" Meat Lovers Pizza. The waitress greeted us with a smile and took our drink orders. She promptly delivered our drinks and explained to us that our pizza would be out of the oven shortly. After eating about 3/4 of the pizza I realized I had a fly cooked onto one of the pepperoni on my pizza. I discreetly motioned for the waitress and showed her the very large fly that was dead on its back and charred on top of my pepperoni. The waitress assured me that she would fix everything. Roughly three minutes later I was presented with my bill minus the pizza and told by the waitress the manager removed the pizza but said we needed to pay for the drinks. I asked the waitress to send the manager to my table and she did. Before I could get one word out the manager said I took the pizza off. I asked the manager if she expected me to pay a dime after my family ate 3/4 of a pizza with a decent size fly cooked on it, and she responded without any compassion I will take the drinks off also. The manager didn't offer any other meal or for any future compensation or anything. I guess a fly cooked into your food at Mama Gina's is normal. Yucccccccck So Disgusting!!!!!!