“Very good food, especially the mushrooms!!”

Nosh Eatery and Wine Bar
Ranked #103 of 580 Restaurants in Glendale
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 67th Ave and S of 101 Loop
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Food is wonderful and a bit esoteric. Lots of good choices - it bills itself as a mushroom bar, which is pretty accurate. The fillings in the mushrooms are a bit exotic and wonderful. They serve other foods (mostly Italian-esque) but our favorites are the mushrooms! The one drawback I can state is that, during happy hour, it gets a bit noisy. If you're out for a good conversation go at times other than happy hours. We will return!

1  Thank William P

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went there for brunch and the food we ate was just wonderful. I loved the mushroom small plates. We were there on a Sunday morning and I had there Crab Cake Eggs Benedict and it was wonderful. Our server was so fun to talk to. We found her to be a gal we would love to wait on us always. She answered all our questions. She even would go check if she did not know something. We saw the manager walking out with guests and thanking them for coming in. We both wish this place was closer to where we live. We are planning on driving there to meet friends who live on the other side of town. It is really worth the drive. You will enjoy your time here.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I made a reservation and took my husband here for Father's Day Breakfast, since he is a big breakfast person. When we arrived we found out they were serving a breakfast buffet. Wonderful!!!! Being from the Chicago area, breakfast buffets are not hard to find, the opposite here. So how perfect is this? We waited 5 minutes to be seated, were given the buffet menu and then immediately had it taken back. We were told they were running out of food and could no longer offer this menu. How disappointing. I had the eggs benedict and he had an omelet, both served with their scalloped potatoes and both very good. Here is where a 'HOWEVER" comes in. We sat opposite the buffet table, which was constantly being replenished during the next hour and a half--it was still being replenished when we were leaving. All the chafing dishes were filled to the top. In fact the scalloped potatoes that we had came from the buffet table. When asked why we couldn't have the buffet and why they continued to replenish it was that "it wasn't fair to the people who purchased it not to have enough food for them". This makes no sense to me, since they did not run out of food, quite the opposite. We would have enjoyed the buffet, not for the quantity of food, but a chance to sample their menu items. The whole event just irritated me. We will return though and try their other dishes, since the food was very tasty.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I like to go to Betty's Nosh for 2 reasons. I like supporting my local neighborhood restaurants and I love mushrooms! The food is delicious! I love trying different mushrooms there for lunch and for Happy Hour. I have also been there for Sunday Brunch, which is really good! There is a lot of seating in and out and the atmosphere is pleasant. The only thing they need to improve on is the consistency in their service. Sometimes it is really good and other times I don't think the the wait staff wants to be there. If the owners would give some attention to their wait staff, I think this restaurant would be more successful in the NW valley.

1  Thank PianoPaula
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our visit was Sunday Brunch. This is a pleasant restaurant. Ample bar seating on high tables, a patio with misters and open kitchen with tables in dining area. Pleasant décor. Black, butcher block tables with good sound quality. I had hash browns, eggs perfectly cooked and Applewood bacon. My partner had eggs, bacon and a very well prepared waffle. It was airy and tasty. Service was friendly and prompt. We certainly will return for their breakfast options.