“Disorganzied but very good”

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 577 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adjacent to Jobing.Com Arena
Description: Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, the folks that make Japanese cuisine for all walks of life. Never tried sushi and Japanese cuisine? Visit Kabuki and we promise you"ll walk out hooked on our food. That’s what we do best; making non-believers into believers that Japanese cuisine is the new comfort food. When you walk into a Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, you won’t be overwhelmed with Asian decor and soft slow music. What you will encounter is a fun, casual atmosphere with our friendly staff welcoming you through the doors. Our food and beverages are passionately crafted by two gentlemen who are dedicated to providing you the best in Japanese cuisine as well as spreading the culture of Japanese dining to our guests. The tireless efforts of Executive Corporate Chef Masa Kurihara and Master Sake Sommelier Yuji Matsumoto are aimed to attain total satisfaction from you. They will be heart-broken if you feel otherwise. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The people in my group loved the sushi and sashimi...I had a teriyaki salmon that was very good as were the tempura veggies. The food came in an odd sequence and we had to ask for items we had ordered....but once it all arrived, it was a good experience.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This is no Nobu by any means.

They try that's for sure. Walked in before the rush at 730p on a Saturday night.

The lobster dynamite was my appetizer and the best part of the meal.

We tried 3 different rolls. Average to be nice. But I agree with others that say this would be a great place to get starter sushi. Better/fresher than the grocery store variety.

The dessert was where I was hoping to be able to say this was better than average. Unfortunately, didn't happen that way.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The food was SO good. But the service...not so much. My first suggestion is DO NOT order your appetizers and food at the same time. They will come out together. My husband and I dined here along with my brother and his wife and we made that mistake. We wound up with 3 appetizers, 4 main dishes plus drinks and water all on our table at the same time. So much that it wouldn't even fit. Absolutely unacceptable and we barely got even an apology (the waiter blamed it on the chefs in the kitchen.) I'm not a complainer, but if we weren't with guests, I would most definitely have made a big deal about it, but did not want to make everyone at the table feel uncomfortable. Don't make the same mistake. Bottom line, definitely go for the food...just, don't expect much in terms of service.

On the up side, almost everything we tried was delicious: Appetizers: Firecracker spicy tuna appetizer , Edamame (skip the Garlic Edamame), Spicy Tuna on Crispy Rice were all good, Sesame Chicken was good, but not great. My husband had 3-4 kinds of Sushi that were all excellent. Hibachi was very good as well.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

3 of us went for a couple of drinks and dinner. It was close to $100 after tip but It was probably only worth $75. I ordered tempura because I don't like sushi and there was basically no flavor at all. The others had sashimi and said it was ok. Service was average.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I are vegetarians who occasionally when faced with travel, will succumb and eat some fish. We were staying at the Renaissance Hotel next door to the mall-like-restaraunt area and as always when I travel on business, I expected that I would not be eating very well if at all being that we were in a small town where fast food and meat eaters are the overwhelming majority. The options in the area were typical- ribs and beer shacks, Margaritaville, Irish pubs... and then we saw Kabuki. Our expectations were extremely low. We figured we would get some tasteless California rolls and processed Miso soup. Instead, we could not have been more surprised to find the most comprehensive vegetarian sushi we have seen anywhere outside of New York City! They have an amazing vegetarian menu- including a superb kale salad (which we had every day we were there) and creative, delicious veggie sushi options. We did also splurge on some of the fish rolls and they were fresh, tasty, and really top-notch. This place saved our digestive lives on this business trip and I could NOT recommend it higher to anyone in the area who wants to eat something healthy, vegetarian, and delicious!