Review Highlights

Reviewed September 15, 2018
N9601XVelizabethb
Wisbech, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews spring break summer fun water rides all ages cool off great slides kids area worst part wait times waiting in line water bottles season tickets whole family lots of fun great park food and drinks only complaint
Reviewed 1 week ago

I prepurchased tickets with meals. We drove in from Tucson and my husband got ill with a heat stroke as soon we arrived in the park (Not their fault). The medics there were great and helpful. Afterward, we figure we would eat and head back to our hotel. The eatery was overfilled and tables were filthy. I kindly asked one of the bus boys to wipe a table down for our family and he literally wiped all of the crud on to my daughters lap in an almost purposeful manner. I left several messages for the manager to post pone our tickets due to my husbands illness and never heard back. We'll never bother going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family has been getting season passes for Wet N Wild for years. We only live 20 minutes away so we go regularly. This year they were bought out by Six Flags and they have already increased the food prices and decreased the portion sizes. Waiting to see what the benefit of the buyout is other than access to the Six Flags parks which AZ doesnt have. Closest one is 6 hours away.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

After many years of being season ticket holders this last summer was the worst. Most rides not operating and NASTY conditons.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My granddaughter's had never been to a waterpark before. They were so excited to go. And wet and wild and not let them down. They loved everything. Be sure and get a seat in the covered area. That way you won't cook all day. We liked it so much we got season passes for 2019.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We recently started visiting this park as our children are at age to enjoy it. We took advantage of the membership and started to wonder if we should have. First off the staff at this park do not care. They all look annoyed to be there. When we arrived they have the new member enter to right. they have one line which is ridiculous. People who already processed their passes shouldnt have to wait in line with people who have. Common sense is there should more than 1 line. They had staff just sitting there at the entrance not doing anything. A huge concern with this park is safety. They dont measure kids and allow kids on slides under recommended age. The life guards dont care about safety. They are too busy goofy off with eachother. The WORST part is lifeguards are allowed to sleep on the job. A life guard named Meesha was on duty sitting at the entrace to the lazy river. She was sleeping. We went through the lazy river and my husband told two guards and nothing was done. When we got out of the river she was still sleeping. Another patron in front of us actually jokingly went up yo her and shook her to wake up. My husband again asked another guard if they were going to put a guard there who is going to watch. He talked to her and left again she laid against the wall as if to fall asleep. I am sorry if she was ill but more should have been done. The entrance can be chaotic with rafts getting pushed and little kids. I would only hope they hired staff who cared about the patrons safety. Unacceptable. I hope there will be a change as Six flags takes over or else we wont be visiting again.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We went today and we were there for the whole afternoon and went on every slide. There’s a whole variety of slides and a big area for children. There’s also lounging areas for people who don’t want to slide, or there’s the lazy river which is very slow and tame. But there are many slides which are huge and throw you about which is great fun. There are queues but not too long. A lot of slides can be ridden by 4 or more people so that’s fun for whole families. You have to pay for parking and for tickets and for a locker so it’s not a cheap day out but it’s worth it. You cannot bring in food from outside either. There are misters on the stairs so you don’t get too hot while you queue. Bring flip flops or water shoes to wear as the ground between slides is VERY hot! You can wear the flip flops and a hat on the slides, or you can leave them in the shelving areas at the bottom (no one stole them).

The only problem we had really was that 5 times while we were there we saw the rafts get stuck on the conveyer belt which is used to pull them back to the top of the slide again. Once this happened after we had queued and finally got to the very top of the red slide ready to go, and then we were told there was nothing they could do to pull the raft out quickly so the slide would be closed for half an hour.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Wet and wild was fun.
Was my daughters birthday.
Took her and 3 of her friends.
Perfect they had a blast. Opens at 10 closes at 6...we arrived at 1 wasn’t not jammed packed...figured it would be since it was Labor Day. Just enough to let them get tired out....
Perfect Perfect Perfect

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We brought our daughter and friends here for her birthday party & had some ups and downs. First, the wave pool was closed, next we found out that the party would be cut short due to early close. We were dissatisfied because it was not clear on the website & we even called twice to confirm but we're unable to get an answer. Next, we were made to stand in the hot sun while awaiting our birthday party coordinator, which took about 25 minutes. Next we were directed to the party area, an outdoor area with picnic style tables you share with other people. This wouldn't be an issue except a couple people from the other party tried helping themselves to our pizza. The communication & organizing is lacking on many levels, resulting in frustrated staff and parents.
We asked to speak with a manager and she made a great effort to make it right, adding pizza, & offering return passes. Good service recovery.
Wet & wild would do well to improve communication, clarity on website, answer phones, retrain staff, clean, offer cooled rooms or at minimum better cover with misters for parties.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I went with my family last summer and left determined to become a season pass holder this year and I have! My DH, my 3 adults kids and spouse and 6 grandkids All have become season pass holders this year because this water park has something for Everyone. From the Kiddie Areas (2) with covered areas of chaise lounge chairs and splash pads, to the Wildest Waterslides to satisfy every thrill seeker, this water park has it all. The food is really very reasonably priced and tasty. My families favorite meal is the Fry bread that is covered with lettuce, chicken, cheese and salsa. I can Seriously feed my 3 littlest grandkids and myself on this meal it's that Big and Yummy. Gold Season passholders get a free refillable cup that is only $1.59 for refills so that saves us money. We bring in a small cooler with water since I hate paying $3 for water. But between the great slides, kiddie areas, wave pool, weekly dive-in movies, fireworks on holidays, Well I can go on and on. This water park is Truly a delightful oasis in the desert. With our season pass we go once every 2 weeks which almost feels like having a membership to a country club. Wet n Wild is well worth the season pass fee or for those who just wanna go while in Phoenix, you get your money's worth. Make a trip to Wet n Wild part of your summer fun, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Went with family and friends! Great time. Lots to do for all ages. Safe, lots of shade, great staff. Good deals on Groupon!!