Review Highlights
Spring training home of Dodgers and White Sox

‘‘Tihis is one of my favorite ballparks for spring games. Free parking as well. No bad seats... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Elgin1963
Phoenix, Arizona
Best of the Stadiums We Visited

I have always been the geeky girl that loves baseball so I was excited when my friends wanted to go... read more

Reviewed July 17, 2018
jennlovesfood
San Diego, California

Recommended experiences in and around Glendale
from $159.00
from $179.00
from $299.50
from $229.00
More Info
All reviews spring training white sox practice fields cactus league great ballpark free parking night game behind home plate ball park dodger dog fall league baseball fan la dodgers major league los angeles sox game salt river fields
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Camelback Ranch is a great venue for baseball. There wasn't a bad seat in the house, from our seats to the lawn area. All the staff that I came in contact with were helpful and friendly. I would gladly come back next spring but never stay in the hotel I stayed in this trip. You can check out that review under the "Holiday Inn North Phoenix". The one located on 28th Drive.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a canadian I don't have many chances to see live ball. We watched the Reds and Dodgers. Sunny day, beer and footlongs. Staff was friendly and the shuttle meant we didn't have to walk or wait.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice field and facilities. Had a great time at the game. The concession workers were disorganized and inept. The woman helping us asked if we wanted cheese with our nachos. What? Um, yes! I'd like cheese with my nachos. Took forever to get a simple order from her, but after that we enjoyed ourselves. Grass area has a couple trees for shade, but otherwise you're in the sun.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A great outing for all ages (even if you're not a fan of baseball). A wonderful venue to watch a ball game. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plan to go back again next year.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Truth in advertizing, we are not Dodger nor White Sox fans, we just like baseball, especially in spring when it's cold at home. So we just picked a game and ended up at Camelback Ranch watching the Sox. The parking is free, the stadium is nice and the beer is cold.

Once the game starts be prepared. In the home half of every inning, between every pitch (no exageration), the man behind the noise machine blares taped cliches through a PA system that is WAY TOO LOUD!!! Clap your hands, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.......(do it, dammit!), Adams Family theme. Jeopardy theme, broken galss, rock and pop riffs ("These boots are made for walking" - so clever) and all the rest, you get the picture.

Management must think their fans actually do not like baseball, that they have short attention spans and need a slam dunk every 30 seconds, or don't want to have a conversation with their seat mates. Perhaps they believe it will increase trips to the bar, I did have one beer more than usual. I can only imagine what a Dodger/White Sox game would be like, bedlam. Perhaps that explains the presence of armed security on the field in long-sleeved black uniforms wearing body armor.

It was a good game despite that, but if you want a more satisfying experience go someplace else. We did catch a game at Maryvale (Brewers) and it was very classy with adult baseball decorum. We cannot speak to any other venues. If you must go to Camelback, bring your noise-cancelling ear muffs or a designated driver.