“Definition of dive”

Add it.
Jasmine Cafe By Benjarong Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The food here must be good because I keep coming back despite the smelly and unattractive dining room. The Pad Thai noodles are some of the best I've had. The meat quality is low, but the sauce covers that flavor but not the texture. The herbs/vegetables used in the cooking are growing in pots in the front of the restaurant. Bizarre. But so is the empty fish tank in the lobby. For a blind person with no sense of smell would absolutely love this place.

Lunch specials all under $10.

1  Thank Brad H

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was decent, but the place smelled. The fish tank had never been cleaned and was crusted with debris. We were the only people there and a man and his son came in and then left when they did not get service. I am not sure why this place gets good reviews.

1  Thank dagda2
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We found this restaurant on Restaurant.com. The food was good, but there were only 3 customers in the establishment. The fish aquarium obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The entrance was cluttery and not very clean either. I think the lady that took our order was trying to take care of everything. We were not disappointed with the food and had a type of tea that was delicious. But I think a general cleanup would be a big help to future customers.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

After reading the last review I am positive this is the same place we ate the other night but with the name Papaya Thai. We have eaten at the other Papaya Thai and had a coupon so figured it was up to par with that one. Same appearance as we walked in, what is the extra table/desk doing at the entrance with all the clutter on it? We didn't smell any of those good garlic ginger smells here so again we wondered. After stepping into the dining room, it was dingy, old looking and when we were seated close to the back there was an ODOR that was unmistakable as sewer smell. When the gal came to give us water I asked what the smell was and she motioned to the (owner) and she walked back behind the curtain area and you could hear the flushing of a toilet, GAG. Then I said I wouldn't be able to eat there. When we ordered our food and it was brought to us I said I wouldn't be able to eat because of the foul odor and that I really wanted to leave. They moved us further toward the front of the dining area and the smell was then minimal. I actually would hate to go looking at the kitchen, I'm just saying, it could be nasty. The food was pretty good as we both got the curry chicken. Oh but wait. I didn't want peas in mine so I asked for a substitute of zuchinni and eggplant. When our bill arrived we were charged $1 each item for the substitutions. And the one cup of hot tea was 1.75. Obviously we won't be back here again. It needs a major clean up.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had not been here since they chnaged management and switched to Thai cusine. I ha pre-purchased our dinner here, so we ate here anyway, even though the visual alarms were going off. The entrance doubles as the office, and it was a mess, with paperwork everywhere, waterbottles lying about, and a the grossest fish tank I had ever seen in public. Once seated, the foul oder arrived. I cannot put my finger on what it was or where it was coming from, but it was very unpleasant. We would have left except we overheard others dining that were enjoying the food. They had an extensive menu and reasonable prices. I seetled for the Thai Beef and vegetable, my wife the beef broccoli. I must say the food was very good, and spiced just right for us. That's hard to do because I like very spicy Thai food, my wife mild. Portions were generous as well. I only give them an average rating because the food is so good, but the smell and the apperance really knock them down. If I ever go back, it carry-out only!