“Excellent Beer, But AMAZING food!!”

Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co.
Ranked #10 of 508 Restaurants in Gilbert
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I'm not a huge beer drinker, but like to try new things, so we decided on the advice of a friend to try out this place. When we got there the wait was about 45 min. Good news is the tasting room is open and we were able to get a beer while we waited. I think everyone in our party tried a different brew (and they do offer flights as well), and no one was disappointed. When they called us we got a table. the restaurant area is small, but well worth the wait. The menu isnt large and has mostly burgers and sandwiches with some nice twists on old favorites. We had quite a large party and we all ordered something different. Highlights included the apple and brie burger, Trailblazer Burger with pork belly, and the fries with the BBQ pork... Everything we ordered was delicious and very well prepared! No one left hungry and meals were about the $10-$12 mark. Not bad for a truly original place!!

Reviewed July 29, 2015

The location is a small complex that had a bagel place for years and a restaurant of one kind or another that couldn't stay in business. Arizona Wilderness took over the restaurant part which grew so fast that they acquired the lease to the bagel place and began their expansion.

Now, I'll seldom comment on a restaurant until it's been in business at least 30 days, but I 've saved this review for a longer time because to start a place like this and get everything running perfectly, have dramatic success at bringing people in and doing a major expansion while running the business is a major task and they have handled it extremely well.

Arizona Wilderness is very close to where I live and my fiancé and I stopped there one stressful day to take a break. Once inside the door, you find an atmosphere that fits the name very well. Noisy, busy, alive and a perfect place to enjoy food, drink and people watching. They started with a main dining area and now have a tasting room, everything still subject to change as they work at what the configuration should be. Their menu is centered around burgers, but there are plenty of other things and daily specials if you happen to be "bugered out". I've tried most of what's offered, and it's all been good to outstanding, and while I can't drink beer, eventually I'm told there will be wine and that's all I need. With regard to the beer, my fiancé says it's great and she should know (wine expert and chef). We regularly take growlers of beer to the chefs at a local Italian restaurant (it's hot in the kitchen) and they love it. They even have a good grade of plastic utensils, and the plastics and serving baskets fit very well the atmosphere.

The place is so busy, almost all the time, that waiting is something that will confront you and seating for large parties is limited. There is one long community table and a corner table that will hold 6-8 people comfortably and many of the tables can be put together, but you have to be there before they will start moving things around as there are no reservations at this time and they are always busy. The patio has a lot of tables, and a misting systems, but this is summer in Arizona.

The staff is young, but they do an excellent job, and if you get a seat at the bar (you can eat at the bar), say hello to Tiffany who is one of the exceptional people who will make your Wilderness experience an enjoyable one.

In summary, if you're looking for a classically served meal with a full bar and peace and quiet, this is not the place. If you want a place to get a good meal, well served in a live and friendly environment perfect for relaxing and people watching, this is one of those places and I suspect it will for years to come as they finish creating the end product. I wish I could say that waiting won't sometimes be a problem for large parties, but you can only expand just so much in one location.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

Kind of rustic. I've kind of grown out of eating with plastic forks and plates. The pulled pork was very good but greasy as could be. I ate the pork and let the bun soak up the grease. The homemade chips are really good and the fries are different. Must be the duck fat. Not fine dining but you won't go home hungry.

Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

I choose to visit the Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. for my birthday with a group of 10 people. This was my second time at the brewpub.

We went on a Friday night and since reservations are not accepted, we were told we had to wait 2 hours by a very rude hostess who tried to persuade us not to wait. While waiting we had access to the Tasting Room and patio seating which was nice. The tasting room was loud and crowded and the lone server was slow for the line she had out the door. We were shocked to find out that the Tasting Room and the restaurant serve different beers (with some overlap). The beer I wanted was only available in the restaurant and the beer my wife wanted was only available in the Tasting Room. This was very inconvenient considering the two establishments are in the same building and we had to have two tabs. The patio has picnic tables, misters and umbrellas which makes waiting bearable in the Arizona heat. When we finally got our table (after 2 hours and 20 min), 10 of us were seated in an area meant for 8. Two of our party members were forced to stand and when we asked our server about this, he simply stated this was all that was available for a large group. Our table was under a leaker mister so one seat was dripping with water and the table eventually became soaked.The menu is built around burgers which are good but I ordered fries instead of the usual chips and I didn't receive them until I asked the server for them when our meal was delivered. The beers were good but not the best I have had. I appreciate the locally sourced ingredients but the variety offered was not what I would expect from a micro brewpub. The decor is very cool and may have been the best part.

It's worth the trip to check this place out but don't expect too much.

Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

On our trip out to Phoenix, I knew that if I had a chance to visit one brewery, this is the one I wanted to try. We went on Friday evening and only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table inside. I knew I wanted to try all of their beers so we had to order the flight for the table. My favorites were the stout and the DIPA.

The fries that are fried in duck fat are some of the best I've ever had.

Overall, great beer, great food and pretty good service. I would easily come back here again the next time I'm in the area.