“I think they had good food but service was so slow we never got it.”
Review of Mint Thai Cafe

Mint Thai Cafe
Ranked #96 of 418 Restaurants in Gilbert
Cuisines: Thai
Gilbert, Arizona
“I think they had good food but service was so slow we never got it.”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Have been to this restaurant a number of times in the past and food has always been good however this last time, after sitting for an hour, all we had were our drinks and soup. The restaurant was not busy and no explanation was given why service was so slow. Finally told them we had to leave and to just give me the bill for the soup and the drinks. Instead of just giving me the bill, after about another 5 mins they tried to serve the food I had cancelled. They didn't even bring the appetizer just the main course. I told them to take it back and that I would pay for what I had eaten. When the bill did come they tried to charge me for the appetizer I never got. They apologized but it was too little and too late. They should have comped at least the drinks and perhaps I would give them another chance.

You can have the best food in the world but if the service is poor, it's just not worth it. Try this place at your own risk. Service might not be as bad as we experienced but you never know.

“Simple ambiance...but very good Thai!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Get ready to be underwhelmed by the atmosphere but who cares when the food is this delicious. I've been here 4 or 5 times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend this place for the food....period! Only bummer is that they recently raised their prices a few bucks.

LA, CA USA
“Some of the Best Thai Food in Arizona”
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Some of the most wonderful Thai selections at this friendly and delicious strip mall stop. Two of the soups Tom Yum Gai & Tom Ka Gai are still some of the best we've ever had, and the Mussaman Curry is culture comfort food delectableness.
Unfortunately a little more expensive since the (well-done) interior upgrade, but still a good value for great service and some of the best Thai food in Arizona!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best Thai in the East Valley.”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

The best Thai in the East Valley.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“AMAZING Thai restaurant! the curry is so delicious. Prices have gone up recently, but if you are looking for some good...”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

AMAZING Thai restaurant!
the curry is so delicious. Prices have gone up recently, but if you are looking for some good Thai food, it is worth it!

Thank Jonathan.Downey