“DoubleTree stay Hilton Phoenix-Gilbert Feb 2014”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gilbert
Denver, United States
“DoubleTree stay Hilton Phoenix-Gilbert Feb 2014”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I travel a lot. My husband travels a majority of his time for work. My husband is a Hilton Honors member. This hotel experience was very low in quality compared to other Hilton experiences we have had. I am not impressed with this location, but expect more from Hilton after other superior experiences from my other travels. Staff to COMMUNICATE & CHANGE. There were VERY close alternatives nearby for our conference members to stay (& some did!!!). This hotel is subpar as a Hilton site & provided a much lower quality hotel experience that is available for half this price! Improve....soon!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Amanda B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal Hilton member. We understand there are several options to choose from in picking a hotel and want to thank you for picking us. I also want to apologize for your recent stay not being up to standards. In order to better Hilton, our hotel, and team, please email or call me directly so I am able to learn where we fell short. Again, I apologize and would enjoy learning where we can grow. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here for a week for a school conference and was pleased with the room - very clean and comfortable and quiet, I slept really well. Also nice to have a refrigerator in the room as I shopped for some snacks and foods to get me through the conference. We had breakfasts and lunches provided during the conference as well and they were all pretty good. The staff was wonderful and accommodated my needs for gluten-free preparations, making me special dishes when the buffet offerings were gluten-containing and/or there was worry about cross-contamination.

There isn't much to do if you don't have a car but there is mall within walking distance that has lots of shops and some restaurants. Even though it's within walking distance, as with most places I've been to in Arizona, it's not pedestrian friendly. You either have to walk into the mall on the road or through a soft sand expanse of wasteland. But it was nice having somewhere you could walk to for dinner without having to pay for a taxi.

I'd stay here again for a conference on site but wouldn't make it a destination in-and-of itself!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review; it is great hearing about how our guest’s stays were/are going. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and are glad you received that while visiting! I do however want to apologize as we offer a shuttle to and from the mall. In the future we will be more aware of letting our guests know that we provide this service complimentary during check in. Thank you again and please come back this summer!
aspd3815900
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first visit to this area and we were very pleased with the short visit we had. This hotel is clean and the staff was excellent. Rooms are clean and large. Complimentary breakfast is a bit scant but the upgrade price is reasonable. (This part is not an ad) If you stay at this hotel or are in the area make sure you visit Joe's Farm Grill. It is just a couple of miles away. We found it by accident on the Diner's Drive in' and Dives web site. It's the real deal and so close to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience! We love Joe's Farm Grill too; we feel it is a true treasure to be located so close to such a great place with so much history. Come back and we can all visit Joe's Farm Grill with you!!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the San Tran Hilton in Phoenix. Excellent service and rooms. The food was really good. The decor of the hotel was excellent. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

You’re welcome but thank you! YOU and your review make it worth coming to work and providing great service!! Thank you for being our guest, thank you for the review, and please come back again soon!
Reviewed February 11, 2014

So we checked in and went up to our room and the first thing I notice is we are in an adjoining room, door closed of course, but paper thin walls. Right next door is apparently a bunch of small squealing children . I figured we have late dinner plans so they will be asleep when we get back... Right? Wrong. Get home to one of them crying and screaming. We go down to the desk in hopes of switching rooms. There is a sign on the counter that the attendant will be back shortly. 20 MINUTES later this young kid comes up with some barely there apology that they are short staffed. All rooms are booked sorry. ALSO FYI there is a stomach virus going thru the hotel. We walk over to the hotel bar its just before midnight on a Friday they tell us they're no longer serving. We go upstairs and pray the kid stops and goes to sleep. Next morning we go down for our breakfast which actually the "free" breakfast they serve u a proportioned amt of scrambled powder eggs one sausage and a piece of toast. If u would like the breakfast buffet u can pay 11$. We proceeded to go check out early and switch hotels

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton and sharing your experience. We want to first apologize for your recent stay. It is our goal to always provide excellent customer service and exceed expectations, which, in your case was not the case. Nonetheless please know this is not the “norm” for our hotel; although we can be a sharing bunch this is no excuse to be gone or stop serving. If you are able and would like to visit us again please contact me directly. It would be great to make it right!
phoenixville, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Hotel was clean and newly renovated. Had dinner from room service ok. Put breakfast order on the door and when I looked out in the morning the card was still on the door so no breakfast. I still had time to get the buffet, but not what I had planned. Buffet charge was not put on my account by check out time either. Also I was put into a handicap room and there was no counter in the bathroom for my "stuff"

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton and sharing your experience. We want to first apologize for your breakfast order not being delivered and the bathroom lacking storage space; those are frustrating encounters. Nonetheless, we are glad you enjoyed the decor and hotel in the other aspects. We will look into why the breakfast order was not picked up and then why your buffet was not charged in the morning. Thank you for letting us know about these issues; please come back again so we can make your stay 100%!!
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. It did seem a bit isolated, but there was a nice mall within walking distance, and another strip mall with some more food choices fairly close. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The cookies were a great touch. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being our guest and writing a review to share your good experience! We love the DoubleTree by Hilton cookies; they are what make the DoubleTree by Hilton different in so many ways. YUMMY! Please come back again soon or visit any DoubleTree by Hilton and grab a warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Four Points by Sheraton at Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert? Share your experiences!