See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Hotel rooms were good size and clean. We thought the pool size was good too. The breakfast area had a lot of options and they kept it clean and well stocked. I liked that the laundry was free, just pack a small detergent sample. Would recommend to anyone!

Room tip: Clean rooms, perfect stay!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Just finished 9 day stay on the 13th of March. Made a change to my reservation at checkin due to flights. Any changes you make results in the hotel voiding your existing rate and charging you full rack rates for your entire stay. They do not tell you this until checkout. Big bucks, big surprise. I wonder if that is legal? I cannot stress enough. DO NOT leave the front desk without getting changes in writing...guaranteeing your rate. They will only honour their own revised written reservation. If I had known I was going to pay rack rates, I would have picked a nicer hotel.

David1948

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Gilbert - East Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

5291sugar,

The changes on your reservation, particularly with the rates, should have been properly explained to you. This definitely fell short of the home-like environment that we want for our guest. I'm sorry your experience turned out this way. Don't worry though as I've already gotten in touch with the hotel management about this. They'll make sure that actions are taken so similar situations won't happen again. I have also sent you private message to gather more details about your experience.

We promise a better stay next time, so I hope give us another try.

All the best,

Joel A
Case manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel late Saturday night, (around 1200AM) . Doors were locked with a number stating to call for entry. Ended up being front desk # and took 10 minutes to let us in. Not normally a big deal, but after traveling all day it was a bit annoying. During check in process, I was informed that the room I had paid in advance for was unavailable. I had paid for a 2 bedroom suite to fit me, my parents, and 14 year old. The man at front desk stated there was a maintenance issue. Which was a bit confusing, being this is a brand new hotel. They had downgraded my room, therefore, someone would be stuck with a pull out couch. I was not offered monetary compensation for the downgraded, even though I had paid more for the 2 bedroom suite, instead, I was told to be given 2500 IHG points. (still not received and I checked out 4 days ago). I felt like I should have been notified prior to my arrival and offered out of my advance purchase, or given 2 rooms but neither happened. So I was essentially stuck. Breakfast was a bit chaotic, I thought a bit odd to offer deli meat and cheese slices as part for breakfast, but to each their own. I politely brought up my concerns regarding my room during check out. left my phone number to discuss and have yet to receive a phone call. For nearly $200 a night, this was an extremely disappointing stay and would never stay here or recommend it.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Gilbert - East Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Hi KatieE432,

Thank you for staying with us in Gilbert.

I understand the importance of a smooth check-in, especially after a long drive and I am sorry for the letdown. You should expect a good breakfast experience and I am sorry that it wasn't. I also regret any discomfort you had due to the room received.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly. I also would like to know more about your stay. As such, I have sent you a private message to get additional information about your reservation.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

This was almost the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel a LOT!
Sure, it looks nice from the outside and even when you walk into the room. I’m still not sure why the reviews are so good.

Upon check-in, my room was not ready and there were multiple other people waiting for their rooms as well. (Note 3:30pm) so I told them there would be no hurry that I was going out for dinner. I arrive back to the hotel at 6:40 PM and there were still people waiting for a room. But they told me since I had been there earlier they would see what they could do and get me a good room.
I got in my room and it looked nice until I started looking around. I noticed some kind of red sauce all over the floor and later found it all over the cabinet door handles, there were also dishes in the dishwasher and some kind of sticky food stains on the foot stools by the couch and no tissues.
After that I checked the bed and it appeared to be clean. Then went to the windows to open up to check the view and I had a view of a corner of the building out of one window. So much for a good room! I assumed since I had to wait all of that time I wouldn’t be sacrificing a clean room or view.

The next morning I was woken up at 5:30 AM by the housekeepers rolling their carts down the hallway and talking. Later in the day while trying to rest. I could hear people in the pool talking from the bathroom vent. So I’m assuming the ventilation system connects outside which carries all of the sound inside.

In the evening I realized I needed a Q-tip and called down to ask if they had any. The person at the front desk said the closest thing he had to a Q-tip were earplugs. Too bad I didn’t have them the night before!
I also asked if they had any brochures on local attractions but didn’t have one thing because they were a new hotel. But opened 4 months prior. The lady at the front desk couldn’t even offer any attractions to me either. She just said she didn’t know and proceeded to work on the computer.

The next day I was woken up at 5 o’clock in the morning because of the person in the room beside me, their phone rang. I could also hear them talking, slamming their drawers, and flushing the toilet!
This same evening there were kids in the pool from 4 o’clock in the evening until 11:00 PM (baseball team) and I could hear them screaming and playing the whole time and couldn’t go to sleep. (Note* not the kids fault but the builders fault) this hotel must have no insulation! I could hear every single noise and for no sleep for 5 days! No wonder they offer ear plugs!

Also with the holiday inn Sharing the pool area, it is too many people for both of these hotels. I tried the entire 5 days I stayed to get in the hot tub and couldn’t because there was always someone in it and it was full. The other hotel needs their own amenities. Plus I noticed that the holiday inn blocks all views which is unfortunate.
I must note the workers at the front desk seemed overwhelmed and didn’t like being there. They were not even personable and were rude to almost everyone they talked to.
I’ve stayed at 3 star hotels that had better customer service and offered more for their guests. And why do people stay in hotels? To sleep and I didn’t get any for 5 days!
I must say it is A beautiful hotel, they have a great breakfast and my bed was comfortable. But that’s it..

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2019

My family stayed a few nights here when our home was packed up to move out of state. The hotel is new and still has that new smell! We had 2 one bedroom suites that were spacious. The only complaints are that I could hear the TV in the room next door. One of our suites was missing a few things like a stool, alarm clock and some kitchen items. The hotel replaced those missing items. When we checked in (4:00 pm) the rooms were not ready and we had to wait 30 minutes.

Date of stay: February 2019