“No wake up call, housekeepers come after 4 p.m.?”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gilbert
Little Rock, Arkansas
“No wake up call, housekeepers come after 4 p.m.?”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I asked for an early wake-up call and ever got it. Thank goodness I just set my cell phone. I let the front desk person know that I wanted the manager to contact me and I left my number. No call back. I got back to my room and started to work on my laptop. Knock, knock... Housekeeping at 4:10 p.m. I turned the housekeeper away. I called the front desk and asked for the manager and finally got a call back. He stated that when I stay here again I should let them know that I plan on being my room at 4 p.m. to avoid housekeeping cleaning my room so late. ? Whatever? He didn't have any explanation for no wake up call other than I should try him again for another wake-up call. Yeah... right. Be prepared for a small bathroom that you have to close the door behind you, and no TV in your bedroom area.

Room Tip: Choose a room where you don't need a wake-up call and one in which you will arrive after 5 p.m...
Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank savvytravelers40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Trinidad, Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Excellent service. Room was comfy and clean. Nice amenities and great breakfast spread in the morning. Healthy and filling. Coming back again and again! Near great restaurants and relatively close to airport

• Stayed October 2013
Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Passing through area so this was a good location at a good AAA price. Very nice rooms with a different layout that is quite functional. Refrigerator is a plus. And the breakfast is a bit different than some of its competitors. Close to many restaurants at new upscale outdoor mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night, but that was enough for me to see that it was a good choice! The staff was very nice and professional while I was there. The rooms were modern and clean - with a separate sitting area - which is nice if you are traveling with family/friends.
The pool was small, so if you're looking for a resort in AZ - this isn't it! However when we used the pool, we were the only ones in it at the time, so worked out fine.
I wasn't impressed by the breakfast... definitely didn't look like the picture in the elevator. Overall, though, it was a great hotel value, and I would recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My visit didn't start out well. I got there very late (3:00 am) and they were running their nightly computer run, during which they couldn't check me in or get me in a room. The front desk clerk was as helpful as he could be and offered me a snack while I waited. He couldn't apologize enough and got me in a room as soon as possible.

Everyone on the staff there was eager to please. It is a great hotel for the money. When my travels take me back to that area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steeldude
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel is a lovely place to stay in the Gilbert, AZ area. We got a AAA rate which made the hotel affordable for our family and we found the accommodations definitely beautiful, clean and comfortable. A nice breakfast was provided, as well, which was a great bonus for our crew. The hotel staff was ready to help with any request and we would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place to other travelers in the Gilbert area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and I've never had a bad experience. The location is great as there are a lot of restaurants near by, but every time I have been here the service is great. They are always willing to strike up a conversation, say hello, and really take the time to see how you are doing when you check in and every time they have tried to give me a quiet room at the end of the hall.

One example of their top service came as my wife and I were headed to the airport and as we arrived at the airport and dropped off the rental car she had forgotten her passport and wallet. We called the hotel we were at the airport to make sure they had it and were about to change flights, but the hotel front desk, don't do that we will send it to the airport and meet you there. They sent a driver to the hotel and weren't even going to charge us and this hotel isn't close by to the airport, it's 20 to 30 minutes. We forced them to take the tip equal to the fare and were just so thankful that the hotel took the time to do that. So many other hotels wouldn't have done it and we would have not made the flight if the hotel didn't do this.

Overall great stays and fantastic value and great service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert
Four Points by Sheraton at Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Best Western Plus Mesa

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert? Share your experiences!