“Disappointing”

Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We travelled to the Phoenix area for Thanksgiving, and had friends travelling with us. We had made reservations for them at the Fountain Hills Comfort Inn, and while the building is beautiful, the bed in their room was awful. It was a queen size and they rolled together in the middle. It was very uncomfortable sleeping. There were apparently no other rooms available. We were very disappointed and embarrassed that our friends would have this experience. We expected more in Fountain Hills.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Nayely E, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am in receipt of your comment and I do want to apologize for any inconvinience you may have had.

Please note that on each of our beds, we have a 3" Temperpedic Topings , above and beyond what is called for the beds specification by Choice Hotels, This may have been a respn why you might have felt the bed a bit lumpy. As you have stated we were alomost sold out, other wise we would have been glad to switch you to another room, in case if we were notified.

Also note that this June 2014-Aug.2014, we are once again going to have a full renovation done to htis property for our guests comfort.

I want to encourage you to come and visit us again and do give us a chance to serve you back.

Thanking you.

Sam Trivedi

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a one night reservation here but was not able to stay at the property. When I checked in I realized my wallet was missing so I immediately left to go about trying to find it. As it turns out, my wallet was stolen so I had to go about cancelling cards, accounts, etc. trying to beat the person that was using my cards. I never set foot in the room. I told the lady at the front desk that my wallet was missing when she checked me in. The next morning I called and told the gentleman at the front desk that I never stayed because my wallet was stolen so I left. He said he would check me out and I told him I would bring the key back as soon as I could. The hotel did not refund my payment even though I never stayed in the hotel and especially considering the circumstances that caused me not to stay. To me, that speaks volumes about the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Nayely E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
At first, I am soo sorry that you lost your valuables and especially the credit card. That was not our intention to begin with.
Once you checked in, you have told the front desk that you are going to take care of the issue, however, we may have not known honestly that you might have gone out whole night not to return until the next day morning. Also, the reservation that you might have chosen could be third party, or pre-paid, one that we cannot change or alter which makes it difficult for the hotel to refund.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff was extremely nice, breakfast was pretty standard.

We were placed in room 213 right next to the stairwell and we could hear people running up and down the stairs all night. We were woken up at 5am one morning with kids screaming up and down the hallways. Additionally the room had a strange enclosed smoking patio of some sort.

Sheriff and cops were there for half of our stay for two separate incidents with guests, which was a bit disturbing, however I know that is no fault of the staff.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the stairs (Room 213)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment and at the same time apologize for the unprecedented event which does happen sometimes due to the unwanted circumstances in people's lives .

Please do give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were looking for a moderately priced hotel near the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. This hotel filled the bill. The rooms were clean and everything worked.

We had to have some medical supplies shipped ahead of time and the staff was very helpful and experienced since many of their patrons were Mayo Clinic patients. Sam, the manager, was very helpful as was the young man I spoke to on the phone. He was new and didn't know an answer to a question and told me he would talk to his manager and have him call me. Within a half an hour, Sam, the manager called ma back with the information. How often does that happen?

I probably would not stay here if I was looking for a family vacation as there isn't really much of interest in the immediate area. But if you are just stopping through or have business in the area and you want a moderate, modest digs this could be for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your comments and your business.
Please note that besides the Mayo Clinic, we have Fort McDowell Casino, Fort McDowell Western Adventures, Saguaro lake and Marina, Desert Bell Boat rides, Salt River Tubing, River of Times museum and our Tallest Fountain in the World within minutes of our hotel. There are 5 world class golf courses in town here as well. Scottsdale is just minutes away from us with lots of shopping, fine dining and entertainment. We would love to give you maps and directions should you need to on your next visit with us and would love to have you back s soon as possible. I assure you would have more fun as well.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Would go the extra couple miles to stay else where. We always stay at Comfort Inns but this one was horrible! The service was of no help! The breakfast is a big deal for us because we have kids and the breakfast here was not like it was at other comfort inns, had no real choice of breakfast foods.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank wynnde
Nayely E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest!,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and I hope that you would give us another chance to correct our mistakes.. We will work on fixing the issues pointed out to us

Regarding the breakfast we follow the same hot breakfast menu as any other comfort inn so ours should have been the same

Please feel to contact me at the property to rectify this situation

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there in august 13 over a weekend. Sam at the desk was really nice, let us change the room for a quieter view and helped us a lot with tourist information. The room was cute, not perfectly clean and with a few ants. Wasnt disturbed by that until they found a piece of food and suddenly a whole mass of ants gathered at this tiny piece. It were around 1000ants and you couldnt see where they are coming from since the carpet was dark too. Disgusting!!!!! Breakfast was cute but really small and coffee and hot water were both cold at 8.00am

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sarahluni
Nayely E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guest
Thanks for your review and your valuable time.
We will certainly look in to the problems you faced during your stay. This problem is due to dry hot climate and even with best pest control still many properties in this area face this problem.

Once again we apologize for the issue faced at our property.

We will like to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Infernally hot room. Took HOURS for the weak but NOISY AC to cool it down. Nice places have the rooms pre-cooled. Then at night the room became too cold because the AC wouldn't modulate. Plus the AC was noisy. Plus the air seemed stale. Small dimly lit room had a refrigerator that didn't work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank z1307z
Nayely E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

i appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience specially not being able to sleep through the night because of the noisy AC. We are currently on the works of remodeling and have began our summer pre cooling of the room. we would love to have another change to please you.

thanks again

Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic
CopperWynd Resort & Club
CopperWynd Resort & Club
#2 of 5 in Fountain Hills

Been to Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!