I stayed at this hotel for a week while doing the Mayo Clinic thing. The good things were the price, the good bed, that is was reasonably quiet, and the Mayo Clinic shuttle, which is run on your schedule, making it very easy and convenient (you don't have to wait for the "every half hour" or "every hour" shuttle).
The bad: I was in an upstairs no-smoking room, but the smoke from everyone else's rooms drifted in, and the hallways were smoked-filled most of the time. The place just reeked. The hotel has not had a thorough clean in a very long time. I had a telephone number written on the wall in my bathroom and house-keeping didn't catch it? Both the adjoining room and my room had fire-alarm problems, probably because of the smoke. Once I was awakened at 2am by the alarm. The hotel is slightly seedy and dirty. The staff was no great shakes (front desk man with sag pants. YIKES!) After talking to other Mayo visitors, next time I'd stay at the Fountain Hills Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Fountain Hills Hotel is located conveniently near the Scottsdale Airport and many area attractions. The hotel offers beautiful, quality lodging, complemented by excellent service at reasonable rates. The "COMFORT" in our name is our most important asset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Fountain Hills
- Fountain Hills Comfort Inn