“For Sale??”

Add it.
The Appian Way
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A reliable source told us that Appian is for sale. Could be true as restaurant has not opened since closing for summer. Hopefully someone will buy it and give Fountain Hillers a choice when we want to go out to have a nice dinner . Only in this restaurant once last year and food fair. The restaurant itself is very nice Not much to choice from in the Hills when you want to dress up and this would be a nice spot.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

It had been a long time since we were at Appian Way Italian Restaurant in Fountain Hills,AZ, but everything was the way we remembered it. The owner greeted us at the front entrance, the same owner by the way. A very gracious man. It was Mother's Day and I had taken my almost 93 year old mother and her dear friend (93), my husband, another friend and myself to Appian Way for dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Soup or salad and bread accompany the entree. The minestrone soup and pasta fagiola were delicious. Two of us had Chicken Appian Way, a moist, tender and very generous chicken breast stuffed with spinach, provolone cheese and ground sausage with green beans. Another one of our choices was Chicken Giambotti and another entree was Angel Hair pasta with eggplant. And they will give you any pasta choice you want. If it says Penne, you can have linguini, angel hair or any other pasta. All entrees were huge and delicious. The service was attentive and very pleasant. And it was a most peaceful, relaxing setting with Italian music of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, playing in the background. You can sit in the dining room, outside patio or in the bar area. And one thing I would like to add, the Ladies' rest room was immaculate! The entire restauant was immaculate. Give it try the next time you are in Fountain Hills for a relaxing evening and great food.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Came in with a positive expectation of decsent Italian food, came out very disappointed and still hungry since we didn't eat our food. It started with an old salad (you can see the browning of the lettuce) and hard, cold bread. My husband's lasagna looked like it was a week old. Burned, dry, old looking meat. Total turn off. My eggplant pasta was gross and heavily salted. It should have been called Salty Bread Pasta for it was all just flat breaded pieces of nothing in pasta, no where near the description of the dish which stated cubed eggplant. Very unfortunate. We always wish good success on all the restaurants in Fountain Hills and give each place at least 2 tries. But for the high prices here with such low quality, there is no way we're ever coming back.

1  Thank SweetBerryPie
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A lovely Italian restaurant with good food and charming, old fashioned décor. My spinach salad and pasta were wonderful, and it’s always nice to find prosecco available by the glass along with a selection of red and white wines. Service was quite nice as well. You won’t get served in a big hurry here, but that wouldn’t be Italian anyway! : ) A lovely place to relax and enjoy good company and a good meal.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We live in Firerock and frequent the Appian Way on a regular basis. We love the restuarant. Bruno, the owner, is a wonderful host and always has something special cooking. My wife loves the Zingara Pasta and my son and I are big fans of Bobby's Osso Buco. The Chicken Arrabiata has a nice kick to it if you want something a bit more spicy. The prices are reasonable and the service outstanding