“Great atmosphere and great food”
Review of The Appian Way - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Appian Way
Cuisines: Italian
Bozeman, Montana
“Great atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Reasonable prices. Excellent service. Quiet cozy atmosphere. Then when the food arrived, things got even better! The dishes we ordered were fresh, hot and delicious. Realistically, each dish was approximately two servings - and the staff was super nice about providing to-go boxes.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank cigomontana

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Woodfired”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

been here many many times, I liked the servers, bartenders, and owners, so I would visit often, maybe twice a week. Good wine list, some nice looking pastas that I dont eat but see others order. I usu sally get a salad and Squid. they have it on the menu as fried but are nice enough to saute it for me. Always accompanied by a nice red sauce. The restaurant is clean, and large parking lot. The building reminiscent of old Sicily. I highly recommend this place and probably one of the best places if not thee best place to eat in Fountain hills.
They serve a wood fired pizza. Made right there in the front of the Restaurant next to the bar, you can sit and watch luigi make the dough, and put the toppings on sliding it into the wood fire.
Very warming on a cool winters night. A few Televisions on, so you can catch a game, have some beers and just relax. Support this restaurant!!!

Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wild Horses couldn't drag me back”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This place is nice and pretty and does give above average service. I will note that the salad and cheese appetizer was good but then it went down hill. My bloody Mary was oddly sweet and I think fruit juice was added. My Dinner was Fish that arrived all busted up in pieces in a sauce that I couldn't eat because it tasted like rotten anchovies and had so many capers in it that made the sauce taste like salty spoiled anchovies. My meal came with fresh broccoli and a side order of pasta and it was over cooked and also arrived all broken up and to top that up the sauce on the pasta tasted like it was made of crushed tomatoes and sugar only. I thought that was horrible. The only reason I didn't send it back was because I was attending a family function and didn't want to make a scene. My husband thought his meal was horrible too and had the ossobucco and it was tough and undercooked in what seemed liked unseasoned water and had brown gravy poured over it and his pasta. He then tasted mine and let out a small scream of horror and said mine were worst. I don't know if they were having a bad night or if they are always like that so give them a try and see what you think?

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank TheSaltyPepper
Arkansas
“Delicious Food and Wonderful Service!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We were looking for a steakhouse and came upon The Appian way and decided to have Italian. It was great. The bread was so good as well as the minestrone soup. I had Chicken Francese. Wonderful! Don't miss this one!

1 Thank doxgal
“great lobster ravioli”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

started with bread that was a little dry but the server when asked brought a plate with olive oil, balsamic, Parmesan and garlic that was great. salads were nice. antipasto plate was good, with some cold meats, boccancini and mozzarella cheese, roasted peppers, olives. My entree was the Lobster Ravioli which had 6-7 large ravioli in a nice vodka rose sauce. Loved it. The lobster flavor shined through nicely. the sauce was not overpowering. I really savoured it. The service was a little slow but not for lack of effort. Bruno, the owner, came over to say hello and was very hospitable. Don't go if you want fast food. Take your time and enjoy some good food and company. cheers.