“Wild Horses couldn't drag me back”
Review of The Appian Way - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Appian Way
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This place is nice and pretty and does give above average service. I will note that the salad and cheese appetizer was good but then it went down hill. My bloody Mary was oddly sweet and I think fruit juice was added. My Dinner was Fish that arrived all busted up in pieces in a sauce that I couldn't eat because it tasted like rotten anchovies and had so many capers in it that made the sauce taste like salty spoiled anchovies. My meal came with fresh broccoli and a side order of pasta and it was over cooked and also arrived all broken up and to top that up the sauce on the pasta tasted like it was made of crushed tomatoes and sugar only. I thought that was horrible. The only reason I didn't send it back was because I was attending a family function and didn't want to make a scene. My husband thought his meal was horrible too and had the ossobucco and it was tough and undercooked in what seemed liked unseasoned water and had brown gravy poured over it and his pasta. He then tasted mine and let out a small scream of horror and said mine were worst. I don't know if they were having a bad night or if they are always like that so give them a try and see what you think?

2  Thank TheSaltyPepper

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We were looking for a steakhouse and came upon The Appian way and decided to have Italian. It was great. The bread was so good as well as the minestrone soup. I had Chicken Francese. Wonderful! Don't miss this one!

1  Thank doxgal
Reviewed January 20, 2012

started with bread that was a little dry but the server when asked brought a plate with olive oil, balsamic, Parmesan and garlic that was great. salads were nice. antipasto plate was good, with some cold meats, boccancini and mozzarella cheese, roasted peppers, olives. My entree was the Lobster Ravioli which had 6-7 large ravioli in a nice vodka rose sauce. Loved it. The lobster flavor shined through nicely. the sauce was not overpowering. I really savoured it. The service was a little slow but not for lack of effort. Bruno, the owner, came over to say hello and was very hospitable. Don't go if you want fast food. Take your time and enjoy some good food and company. cheers.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

My favorite here is the shrimp scampi. Just perfect. They try hard to please you and have a very nice selection of very good food. We love sitting on the patio the most.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Went on a week night with family. Had some concern about the prior (unfavorable) reviews but glad they did not deter us from dining here. Service and food was very good. Kids had the adult filet with a side of pasta; they loved it (I tried it and it and concur). Another had the cheese ravioli (yummy). I had the meat lasagna special; wife had the chicken arrabiata and minestrone soup; both were good but think the lasagna was better. Would surely consider going here again when in FH.