“good but not great”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“good but not great”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

interesting old golf course...very slow play the day i played...challenging, rolling hills, small greens...but enjoyable. perhaps a bit too expensive for the quality of the course compared to other Fountain Hills golf courses..

Visited March 2014

Ontario
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A nice variety of holes”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I both enjoyed this course a great deal. All of the staff went out of their way to make the day enjoyable. Greens were relatively quick and played similarly throughout the 18. Some very scenic holes with impressive homes bordering the course. Considering this track's green fees were considerably lower than other Fountain Hills courses, I would highly recommend a round here.

Visited March 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good Value, Challenging Holes”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Off Shea Avenue in Fountain Valley. Although the play was slow, each hole offered something different. Greens were fast and putted true. Included in the green fee is a hot dog & chips at the turn, nice touch. The elevation changes on various holes make for some interesting shots.

Visited February 2014
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Normally enjoy our round here, but had a bad experience today”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I always try to play Desert Canyon when we are in Phoenix (2 or 3 times a year). We normally enjoy our round, but today on 13 the ranger approached us and told us that we needed to speed up. I asked what time it was and learned that we were 2:40 into our round at that point which I thought was pretty fast. No one was behind us so I asked him why and he said "the clubhouse called and said we needed to speed up". We were paired with another couple, but none of us were playing slowing. When we finished the round in exactly 4 hours, I went in the clubhouse and asked how long a normal round takes. The older of the 2 gentleman said proudly "you can sometimes play it in 4:15". I told them we had just finished in 4 hours and wondered why we were warned to speed up? They said they had no idea and that they had not called the ranger about speeding us up. Someone clearly has their stories wrong here, but I can say that I did not enjoy my round after that "warning" from the ranger. We may skip this course on our next visit.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Andy B
Calgary
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Major upgrade of the course appreciated”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Played the course five times since coming out of the over-seeding season. Greens have been rolled and playing faster.
Really appreciate the major rework on all the bunkers and the select tree "pruning". The bunkers now have lots of sand and make for some challenging lies. Fairways an rough are in very good early season playing shape. IMHO I think better than Eagle Mountain.
Course plays well and we're generally under 3 hours. Saturday's are the only days that get to be 4.5 hr+ rounds.

Visited November 2013